Kursk NPP

The author writes: When I was asked to go to the Kursk nuclear power plant, I particularly did not deliberate. If it happens enchanting failure as Balakovo, then I will be the next black pictures, and even lyrics, I write :). If you do not happen - then I will just good stuff. Get a second.
Kursk Nuclear Power Plant is located 40 kilometers west of the city of Kursk, on the banks of the river Seim. 3 km away is the city of Kurchatov. The decision to build the station was made in the mid 60s. Start of construction - 1971. The need for energy facilities was caused by rapidly developing industrial-economic complex of the Kursk Magnetic Anomaly.
Kursk NPP - the Single-station type: the steam supplied to the turbine, is formed directly in the reactor at boiling coolant passing through it. As the coolant used ordinary purified water circulating in a closed circuit. To cool the exhaust steam in the turbine condenser uses water cooling pond. Mirror area of ​​the reservoir - 21, 5 square. km.

1. Before visiting the station, we have our general measures the background (I'm not sure that the word of background here is correct, but in another way I do not know how to say it). To do this, sit in a chair a couple of minutes. Just do and at the end of the tour. Supplement.

2. In all the rooms are hung station alarm system with a set of sensors. In short, the green means that all is well. Yellow - should tick. Red - in general, to hurry it is not necessary. Actually, it's three levels of radiation, and each level has its own actions and rules.

3. The headquarters is located in the shelter of GO № 1.

See also

We on Google+