The incredible story of survival in the ocean

Really incredible and amazing story of the fisherman who drifted more than a year in the largest expanse of ocean ... How is this possible? Read.

The incredible story of a "miracle man from the Pacific Ocean" - a fisherman, who for over a year feed on the blood of turtles, fish and meat raw seagulls until he drifted more than a year in the largest expanse of ocean. On arrival at the port, Jose Salvador Albanyaga Ivan long smiling to reporters, and then said, "I'm alive, I'm alive, I just can not believe it ... I almost do not remember anything. All thoughts boiled down to one thing - the ocean, the ocean everywhere. " Read more very amazing story.

Jose, along with a young hunter of sharks had to go through a very severe test, after the engine of their boat broke down December 21, 2012.
All their efforts to attract the attention of other vessels were in vain, they are still drifting in the open ocean. In the eyes of his assistant Jose died, which was about 15-18 years old. Jose week after week, month after month, fighting for their lives by eating raw fish and meat gulls and thirst quenching own urine.
When he came to the pier, he said: "I survived because I was praying. All this time, I prayed constantly. " He thinks that only faith helped him to survive, but it is also an enormous thirst for life, through which he could catch turtles and drinking their blood, when there was rain water, gulls eat meat and raw fish.
"I thank God that I survived," - he said after his travels about 8,000 miles a dangerous ocean, struggling with bad weather, all alone in his thoughts about his family and homeland.

After Jose was in the hospital, he said he wanted to call his family- his wife and ten-year daughter in El Salvador, but he does not remember a phone number or name of the village where he lived. Man does not remember much, even of how old he is. He thinks it 36-38, but because of the ordeal that he had to go, it looks much older.
"It seemed to us, at the same time he seemed to somewhere far away. He still disoriented, "says the translator.
In Majuro he arrived on a military ship, the crew found that a man in one of the coral islands.

Residents of the island Ebon, who found Jose, a man plunged into a boat and taken to the main village, where they gave him clothes, drink and fed him.
A student of anthropology from Norway, Ola Fildshtadt, able to understand some of its unusual history through his drawings and sign language.

Then the head of the village is connected by a single phone on the island with the authorities in Majuro and report a man. Jose with his dark beard and matted hair was strikingly similar to the character of Tom Hanks in the movie "Cast Away". Details of the history of José soon learned the whole world. However, he did not look Jose exhausted after such a severe adventure.
Blood pressure was low, Jose, he moved with caution, but the big concern is not his physical and mental state. Maybe soon it will torment the consequences of constant fear of death, in which he was, starvation and lack of water. What he had seen the death of his young assistant, only aggravates the situation.

He needs complete rest until the government of El Salvador are preparing for the delivery of its aircraft to his wife and daughter. No wonder he does not remember the details of his journey, because all he videl- is a boat and the vast ocean. But the long rest will help him recover and remember the details.
A person can live three weeks without food, but only 3-5 days without water. The blood is rich in iron and turtle protein and nutritional value can be compared with a piece of meat or fish or eggs, but it is not the best replacement of drinking water. Most likely it had to have cherpashi eyes, because they have the liquid.

Says a local resident of the Marshall Islands, in her experience, most people are killed in such situations, as they are unable to eat raw food, they are constantly vomiting. Maybe that's why he died assistant Jose.

In an interview he told MailOnline that there is only one, as it is now may think. "I just want to go home, but I do not know where I am. I'm tired and I feel bad. I really want to be at home, but how to do it? ... ". Then, showing that he has not lost his sense of humor, he added. "If anyone comes back, my home, I'm sure my boss (the owner of the boat) pay».
Many people who find themselves in a similar situation, do not survive. For example, two Panamanian fisherman died of heat and dehydration after 28 days of being in the open ocean.
However, there were still happy occasions. In 2006, three Mexican, drifting near the Marshall Islands, survived by eating raw fish 9 months, birds and rainwater.

Tags

See also

New and interesting