"Grandpa" Nintendo

And Nintendo was the grandfather)))
This device was once the pinnacle of gaming technology thought. And even dreamed about it, not every child, because not everyone knew about this toy. But the owners of the "crown gamedev" with two screens were just kings!
Here he writes about this megadevayse comrade from LJ Alex Vershinin

Monkey
That is the name I gave the five-year shket, Japanese portable console Game & Watch «Donkey Kong». As this "miracle overseas, two screen" appeared in our family, I really do not remember, and was not interested. Probably she took her father, a border guard at Sheremetyevo 2.
6 ph

To say that it was cool - to say nothing. The yard had not even nineties and eighties. About Dandy we have never heard, games were like everyone - board, Dice and chips No lie. A little later, I got "Happy Chef" by the company Electronics. But is it possible to compare it with Donkey Kong.

It was a walker. Albeit conditional, but extremely interesting. The plot is simple to outrageous - a brave tovarisch in the header (which by the way I read it is Mario) must climb to the top floor building, where lurks an insidious monkey holding hostage - some girl. Completely brazen primacy, in accordance with the canons of the genre, throws barrels that roll down, threatening to crush our hero.

He easily their jumps and the bottom of the screen moves to the top. And then it's simple. Pull the lever that activates the crane. Jump on this same faucet, try not to get hit by the barrel and grab hook, holding the platform with a gorilla. And now, the unfortunate king of the jungle falls down, funny hit the concrete slab. Points are awarded, the speed and frequency of their Barrel throws a monkey grows and so on to infinity.

Well, the photos you can see that I play it very actively, and not just me. The whole village to play it (yeah, I'm 7 years he lived in the village). And then somehow imperceptibly an era Dandy, (which, by the way, I have never had), I went to school and I was not up to Konga. Toy experienced several falls, twice I unscrewed it out of curiosity. And in general, then live up to now, only the top screen is junk. And every time I did get, insert the batteries and go through a couple of rounds, I could not help recall the happy times and smile. Childhood Still, I had a wonderful, there is something to remember.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting