A small "toy" war

"Little War" Uollmena Bradley (Bradley Wollman) - recreated a collection of historical images of the war in Iraq, adds a new dimension - one that calls into question the original image. The pictures were taken with carefully created models and figurines. The work of this series will be shown at the exhibition "New members" at the Center for Silvermine Guild Art from January 10 to February 20, New Canaan, Connecticut.

15 ph via amelito

1) © Bradley Wollman // The fall of Saddam. "This is a recreation of one of the most interesting events during the war. The event was staging, and when he passed on the television, there was a crowd of hundreds of people, centering around the statue. Other footage shows that it was on the strength of five people. I'm curious for whom was intended this manipulation of information. "- Bradley Uollmen.

About Little War - "I wanted to make a body of work that focused on the limitations of photography as a documentary medium. These limits were apparent, and they are exploited in various ways on the war. I would like to address a conflict between the way the war is in reality and how it is presented to us in our lives every day. While each image can present a fictional truth about the war, the entire assembly works can be seen as social commentary in the same way as a commentary on the war itself. "

To select specific images to recreate - "When I chose to recreate certain images, the principal was pretty obvious to me: we Bush to end the mission, tearing down statues of Saddam's Abu Ghraib, Saddam hanged. There were some images that were not known to a wide range of consumer information, such as the breakdown of the bunker and killing Apache and I thought that they should also highlight. And there are some image such as a convoy of Halliburton, that it was impossible to reconstruct the images of the documentary, but it was at a past event, and reports. I learned about the idea of ​​using models to recreate the picture when I was in art school. I liked the idea that I could do to make, not only to remove them. There are a group of photographers and artists who work in this direction, and I find inspiration in their work, trying to make my work my own.

"My challenge is to find a way to activate these objects to help the viewer's imagination to move forward. I use whatever I can. For me it is easier to buy figurines and manage than ever to start from scratch. However, I did end up doing himself some figures (such as the statue of Saddam), and I'm really making the whole surroundings on their own. "

2) © Bradley Wollman // The man on the ground.

3) © Bradley Wollman // Crossing the desert.

4) © Bradley Wollman // Halibertno convoy.

5) © Bradley Wollman // Break in the bunker. This recreation of the picture Mike Shiloh. Bomb hit the tank killed several civilians who had taken refuge there.

6) © Bradley Wollman // toy soldiers. "This is the first installation of the entire series.»

7) © Bradley Wollman // Start rocket. This picture was taken in a cardboard box.

8) © Bradley Wollman // Murder Apache. "I think it was the first footage of the Iraq operation shown on TV.

9) © Bradley Wollman // Highway number one.

10) © Bradley Wollman // Senate Armed Service Committee. "I wanted to portray the bureaucratic aspect of the war. This committee oversees all from the development of new weapons to the payments to war veterans.

11) © Bradley Wollman // The hanging of Saddam.

12) © Bradley Wollman // Abu Ghraib.

13) © Bradley Wollman // Refine interrogation. "For this installation there was no staff, so I invented it.»

14) © Bradley Wollman // Transmitted on TV the war. "The name for this shot was borrowed from the song Bright Eyes. Thomas Demenda painting hanging on the wall. This image speaks about the separation of the American public on the war, including myself. That sums up the war for me. »

15) © Bradley Wollman // Mission accomplished. "I made myself this tower on the background of the aircraft carrier Bush figures. It took quite a long time. »

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting