Tallinn, the city of my past ...

I want to share with you a piece of his childhood and violent youth. I grew up in Tallinn and the city was left to me all the more romantic than Venice and Florence, the "revolutionary" Berlin and Maastricht, it warms my heart and soul better than any Miami and Alicante.
Tallinn, as you know, is the capital of the Republic of Estonia. The first mention of "Kolyvan populated area" refers to the 12-th century. For centuries, changed the town's name and authority (ie, citizenship). There were German order bearers, and the Danes, Swedes, and the Russian crown. All these changes have left imprints of their hands in the "body" of the city, some touch was like a kiss, and something like a punch. The greatest flowering of Tallinn experienced in the 15-16 centuries, at the time of his stay in the Hanseatic League. At the same time, and they formed the main "features" of the city, such as the fortress wall (almost completely preserved). Due to the almost perfect preservation of the "old center" Tallinn since 1997, the year is one of the few cities included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
It will be 30 photos.
I did not even apologize for the presence of the logo of another site, and being digibetom, do not keep it for a great sin, given that the author of photos by 95% is my brother. But this is not the topic of otnostitsja.
№1. Just this fote seen 7 guard towers.

№2.Teper, in summer, can be seen 8.

№3.Eto one of the towers, but on the opposite side "walled city". You see balconies for archers.

№4. And it's one of the previous ...

№5.Razreshite introduce you to Fat Margaret. This fort is part of the northern gate of the city, the road from there directly into the port. So 500 meters to the water. Now there is the Maritime Museum.

№6.No 21st century brazenly trying vperet in the Middle Ages, here's "skyscrapers, skyscrapers, and I'm so small." By the way, UNESCO uzho threatens finger ...

№7 ... bo skyline has absolutely no one in the Middle Ages or in the days of my childhood. Tourism is trying to develop, and this "glass-concrete" hotels and steamers ...

№8.Vot these elephants here ...

№9. But the "glass-concrete" is unstoppable. This freshly baked (years 2-3) Museum of Modern Art, built in the park, which Peter the Great laid for Catherine. House of Peter is at a distance of 100 meters (about there and done photo).

№10. 15a And this, in fact, Ekaterinsky Palace (the back side). Ploschadochka groomed since to go out the window of the Presidential Palace, which is located slightly to the right and the shot missed.

№11. Even during the Middle Ages, the city is divided into two parts: Toompea-to-Nizhgorod nobility and for merchants, artisans and salaried workers. Here you Vyshgorod. In the foreground, Toompea Castle, the seat of the Estonian government. The flag on the tower Long Herman (during the Inquisition former prison) is the principal symbol of Estonian statehood.

№12.Eto Toompea "a person." If you looked at the previous photo, it could not be seen on the side opposite of the Orthodox Cathedral Square.

№13. This is now. Alexander Nevsky. Bring political bitterness. When Estonia declared its disconnecting from the Soviet Union, we natskadry seriously discussed the issue of demolition of the Cathedral: where is this sort to 50 meters from the holy of holies (parliament and the flag) was a symbol of "occupant" religious-Orthodox Church !!! But it has resolved (it was a lot of gossip and speculation about the why and how, but we are not talking about that ...) ...

№14. Just a little bit of political subjects. Bronze Soldier immediately after the transfer of the center of the cemetery (nebezysvestnye events of April the year before)

№15.Tepereshnyaya every patriotic pride-Estonian Freedom Monument. There, on the hill just behind the cross, he stood before the monument to Kalinin. A cross pindyk how big I did not expect: the newspapers read about the installation and still ofigela, when I came to Tallinn and left the square ...

Tallinn №16.No I not only love surprises. On the contrary, it is not for the novelty, but for a kind of a centuries-old mossy. Here, the expression "You can not enter twice into the same river" is somewhat vague. Building on this picture does not particularly noteworthy (especially for Petrograd, just strangled a similar architecture). And for me, it remains a lot of libraries have been held in these walls. And I'm not ashamed to tell you that initially it was really just a place of knowledge, but then it was just a launching pad into neighboring the most fashionable bar)))

№17. One of the symbols of medieval history is the Pirita Convent, or rather what was left of it. Building thereof started in the early 15th century, and it was destroyed in the second half of the 16th (according to legend, Russian prince of the great love).

№18. It's back side. We climbed as a child every nook and cranny, every brick and lattice took on the tooth, climbed the tower bypassing the castle and climbed into the cave covered with bypass bans. There, by the way, ssaninoy smelled that in our snotty years we have realized that homeless people are interested in excavating as much more than the archaeologists.

№19. Tallinskkaya Municipality thinks that now DEW Manhattan ...

№20 ... and try to embrace neobyanoe combine malosovmestimymi. But I admit that I grumble in vain ... just as I smoked a cigarette in his time at this place once was, as they say, tsentryak. These towers have entrance to the city, local tolerance Broadway if you want. Now everything is somewhat modified, raised the level of the bench and deployed, but before you sat on Potseluyke and saw all !!! The whole city before there was a place sobiralsya.Eto a "shooter" and romantic dates (there ischo gazebo to the right) ... but it looks beautiful, you see ...

№21. And, after all, is not inferior to the Middle Ages pubertarnym bombings of the new century, all the time that I can remember in Tallinn, in this church (St. Nicholas) are regular organ concerts or performances are various church choirs. Impressive. Be sure to visit if one is an opportunity. St. Nicholas is still remarkable for its unprecedented "good luck" (or a skills-ovskih Soviet bombers): when the bombing of the city during World War II were destroyed before the foundation of the house up to 20 (!!!) meters from the church.

№22. It is the oldest signboard, on many sources, pharmacies across Europe (see no. Gray house on the background). It is leaving itself some time after de-Sovietization. I still do not even remember the recess, and the pit, vysharkannye gray granite steps ... Now there is either a steep restaurant, or hell knows ...

№23. Downspout to the Town Hall. Maybe people were pleased that the creatures of powerful people on them "puke" ???

№24. That's very romantic view of City Hall.

№25. On the spire of "lives" defender of the city, Old Thomas. Remember, in the "electronics" was a scene at the end that he allegedly moved quickly in the space? And keeps it there for a similar stsuko, vane !!! I did not arise just because someone is not sure to steal the town hall, or with our Riga)))

№26. But, however great may be Hanseatic past or a loud "the title of Soviet foreign countries", Tallinn has always been "intimate" for those who do it clambered up to the last gate. Then he shows his soul has not trampled by tourists.

№27. We have, at one time, were simply delighted by this eeeee ... pass. He was 20 years-to be restored.

№28. Kind of a little wider. On the left (which is not visible) hang huge Kamenyuki with Latin texts, more behind a wall Monastery. Now, however, pass a very lived-here-is one of the best (in their minds) of Italian restaurants in the country.

№29.Vyglyadit ochchchch romantic with all the candles and lights ... It seems that the only roses and kisses snotty can live in this alley. But no !!! Arch left and the entrance to the Depeche Mode bar !!! Candles Right-entry into the realm of indescribable vaasche pesdets lyudisheg with non-sizes and different-sized furniture. If anyone is more than 1, 50 rose, then piss you can just squatting there. After the 4 steps you climb upward. And if you can be an accordion ... I do not know how to describe more and more accurately ... On the one hand - the complete removal of the brain in the design aspect, but, shit, then there nehuy sell beer - something like ...

№30.Nado pay tribute to Estonians are able to benefit from the age-old stories, old Hanseatic towns were still a lot, but did not see, for example, in Hamburg, to the waiters in the restaurants in the Hanseatic robes served. Where we can have, but I do not know, I'm here about Tallinn ... This is one of the outdoor advertising "stylized" in the restaurants-the heart. Please modders do not see this as advertising, the more that the service there is more than "so-so". They are geniuses in the rest of the entourage, from the smallest Circuits up to the toilet, through stylized menu to "proper food" ... only in Russian do not speak it, ord ...

I was just in the wrong direction taken down, and I can not seem aggressive, but I still love to unconsciousness, these old stones. I really lacking them, and if I come home (with a capital letter), be sure to "squeezes" all "places of military glory." Undoubtedly, there is a deep disappointment, but they are my personal, tied to the distant past ...
I hope that the general public still have an interest to trample on "yaytsekamennym roads» ...
If someone wants to add something or ask, or disprove, the zavsegda please !!!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting