Tour of the Reichstag

The Reichstag building - an example of the magnificent imperial architecture.
Of the 107 years of its existence it has staid almost unclaimed for 33 years. Once again, this figure occurs in the history of the Reichstag in connection with his infamous arson.
But neither a fire which caused considerable damage to the building or downtime, which lasted more than three decades, failed to leave the symbol of Germany in the past.
The Reichstag building is located in the heart of Berlin.
Place for its construction was selected over 100 years ago and, as it turns out, it is no accident. Deliberately or not, but in today's united Germany is long-suffering building became a symbol of the new state with a long history. But it was not immediately.

An underground walkway connects the Reichstag to the first office building. The building was built fairly recently.
Designed in a contemporary style.
In some places the walls without finishing - "naked" concrete.
As the tour guide, a young staff like this style, but older people - not very.
When asked what he thinks about this style of Angela Merkel, I heard an answer that to her, as they say, it is also necessary not to taste.
During the construction of this plan was, once the Reichstag is designed in the old style, the new building should be the opposite of modern.

Two office buildings are connected by two bridges (to build a tunnel under the Spree was very expensive pleasure).
The one above - for employees, the one below it - for all others.

Nearby is a kindergarten for children of employees of the Bundestag.
Garden, for obvious reasons, is carefully guarded.

Walking on the bridge for staff, we returned to the office building.

We were led into the courtroom of the European Commission.
Around the room are 8 colored benches. If you sit on one of them, the lamp is located across the floor lights.
Kind of creativity to uplift your mood.

The meeting room is equipped with the latest technology.
What impressed me is the fact that anyone can come to the meeting and listen to what was going on (of course, if the theme of the meeting does not apply to security and other topics of this kind).

Then we were taken to show the dining room.
In my opinion a very fun place for this.
Apparently nervous discharges, working environment.
I especially want to note that the usual glass in the dining room, not armored, the glass promenade, by which the locals walk, tourists, showing the closeness of the people and MPs.

After dining, we returned to the tunnel in the Reichstag building. We were in the hallway, where they were left inscriptions of our soldiers.
Most of the commemorative inscriptions preserved.
Even near the office of Angela Merkel on the wall with a large piece of graffiti.

The door in the middle of the right side - a cabinet of Angela Merkel.

After that we went to the "talking" elevator to the 4th floor, where the fraction of the German Parliament.

First we went to the wing of the party CDU / CSU. What impressed me is the fact that each party has the history of the party room.

Above all, good to be seen. This is a small part, usually more.

On the same floor there is a bar. Unfortunately, it did not work on Saturday.

Then we were led into the courtroom.

Depending on the results of the elections, seats in the hall can be easily rearranged.

You sit yourself at the meeting, and under the dome above you people go. Keep an eye on how the people's choice =)

via citypicture
Author arsch_der_welt

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting