The underground museum

Museum of Mining, Geology and Speleology.

Located at a depth of 70 meters underground museum gives visitors the opportunity to meet with gypsum mines, the basics of mining,
to see how the underground mined pure white gypsum. Part of the museum is devoted to the history of mining and the development of local gypsum deposits, which began in the 30s of the last century.

25 ph © mr-ank

Old entrance to the mine, which is no longer used

2. Right at the new entrance to the mine are trucks with plaster

3. The fact that the museum is located in the actual operating mines. Only the production of gypsum comes in 2, 5 km away from the entrance and Museum - 300 meters

4. And it is in the museum. By the way, before you go down each were given a helmet, jersey and portable lights. Without sweatshirts easily can be frozen - even in 25 degrees outside temperature in the museum just +9

5. Our guide to the underworld

6. One of the rooms is dedicated to geology, which presents over 300 pieces of rock mined in Russia and countries of the near abroad

7. All this wealth keeps hostess gypsum mountains

8. Some deer. Also from gypsum. It resembles a coat of arms of Nizhny Novgorod

9. There is as small pieces of extinct animals and dinosaurs ...

10. ... and bigger pieces. Only these are no longer made of gypsum

11. But then painted. A backlit it all looks very nice)

12. Triceratops. From childhood - my favorite kind of dinosaurs)

13. He, larger

14. There are Deinonychus

15. pachycephalosauria
This way we love all the miners, they like him because of his take, since it is also almost in a helmet)

17. On the walls you can see examples of palaeolithic art found in caves in France, Spain, Italy, Russia

19. And this - the remains of the departed from the group and lost tourists)))

20. This character for some reason called Gosha

21. One of the presented compositions. Tourists on the shore of the underground river

22. Our tour, which lasted half an hour, came to an end. Now turn off the light guide at the museum and we move upstairs

23. It has been seen and sunlight. The closer to the exit, the warmer it becomes. I feel it is especially because of the sweatshirt refused

24. The mine does not like weak,
Miners - working people!
Good worker Glory,
We are always proud of them.

25. The composition with the newly mined gypsum went to the processing plant

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting