Impressions from a trip to Chukotka

Via Strana.ru

To get to Anadyr, you can plane from Vladivostok, Khabarovsk and Moscow. From the capital city flights are operated almost every day, with closer Vladivostok and Khabarovsk, depending on the time of year, about 1-2 times a month. I could be wrong, but there is still a flight to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, but he also performed infrequently. In general, the best option to get to Chukotka is a plane ticket from Moscow. The journey takes around 9 hours, and flights are chosen so that the flight from the capital takes place at night, and therefore almost invisible. Do not forget that it is a border zone. Upon arrival directly into the cabin guards checking passports newcomers. On my first visit in 2007 for non-resident passengers who do not have residence in Anadyr, it was necessary to pre-arrange entry. How it was done I do not know as flying on a business trip and just showed the traveling certificate. C Today, the development of tourism in the region, the procedure is slightly simpler, but still check passports. If you are thinking there as a tourist, it is best to book a hotel in advance to avoid unnecessary problems with the border guards. Living in a hotel is not necessary, but it will tell below.

14 pictures

The first surprise in the form of a transfer to the city just waiting at the exit of the airport building. The fact that the Anadyr is located on the bank of the estuary - where the river flows into the Bering Sea Anadyr. I do not know of any reasons, but the airport and the city are located on different sides of it. In the summer, driven by bus from the airport to the pier, where another 40 minutes to reach by boat. The boat go about every 2 hour. No shelter from the rain and wind on the docks there, I recommend to take into account in case of inclement weather. Personally, we have at the time of suicide after 1, 5 hours of waiting in the rain boats and biting wind saved only stockpiled flask of brandy. There is another option to pay the taxi driver about 1000-1500 rubles, and right on the barge, from the comfort of a car to reach the city. In winter, there is a direct route across the ice, and in the offseason is the only option with a helicopter. In the event of a storm, from time to time in these regions happens, navigation stops and is likely "freeze" in the airport indefinitely. In general, too, had the road from the airport into the city, under certain circumstances, can become a little adventure.

City

View of hits from the first minute. It was surprising to see such an abundance of bright colors against a background of dull and featureless tundra. Someone called Anadyr "Lego city" and in my opinion the most exact definition. All the houses, buildings and even pavements are painted in bright and rich colors, one form of which immediately raises the spirits. You can, of course, have different attitudes to Abramovich, but what he did to the city, worthy of respect. I've seen photos of old Anadyr without a single asphalt road and gray boxes collapsed houses. And looking at how the city has changed, I understand why many institutions and even homes are portraits of the former governor.

with water

It affects the purity is not typical, unfortunately, for most Russian cities, the ideal concrete road, where you can arrange a race, "Formula 1" and the phenomenal polite drivers. The machine stops in the moment when we just came to the edge of the road. Moreover, even regardless of the existence of a pedestrian crossing. The average speed in the city of 40-50 km / h, but because a year might be a few minor accidents.

Crime is almost there, but the police initially polite we even plunged into a stupor. Case in point. We sat in the 12 colleagues in the night on a bench outside the hotel and drank beer. Rides outfit DPS. Mechanically habit immediately reached for passports. Fit young sergeant and politely asked when we dopem not throw bottles and put them in an urn standing near. A few days later during a walk on the outskirts of Anadyr is another DPS crew asked if we do not get lost and unnecessary if we bring to the hotel. In general, if not for the Russian-speaking population of the full sense of presence abroad.

Public transport runs about once an hour, and it is absolutely free. Taxis in the city exactly 50 rubles. at any point that, given the high northern wages make them for many almost the main method of transportation. Although, in fairness, the whole city can go for minutes 20.

Food prices slightly higher than in Moscow. Especially overstated the cost of fruits and vegetables, the rest is quite accessible. Spirits throughout the city is not for sale, from 22 pm to 12 pm. This is due to concern about the Chukchi. They, like all the northern nation, are very weak on alcohol. It is for this reason that alcoholism today one of the major ills of the indigenous population of Chukotka.

Accommodation

Hotels in Anadyr only 3 "Chukotka", "Anadyr" and "Guest house". I wrote them in descending order of price. If "Chukotka" room costs about 5 thousand. Per day and calculated on a fairly wealthy guests, the "Guest yard" can be called a budget hotel. The cost of living, depending on the number of about 800-1500 rubles, which can be called a very reasonable price. In addition, the hotel has its own kitchen on the floor, thus reducing the cost of food. If you are thinking in Anadyr for a period of 2 weeks, then, in my view, it is wiser to rent an apartment. Such proposals can look in advance on the internet or in the ads at bus stops and shops. We personally with friends during our second visit filmed a decent 2 bedroom apartment only 8 thousand. Rubles for 14 days.

Caviar and fish

Speaking of that lead from Anadyr, comes to mind fish and red caviar. And both the sea here, but there are some nuances. Officially, the price of caviar in stores only slightly inferior to Moscow. It is difficult to explain what it is connected, but the fact. Therefore, I advise you to proceed as follows. But the outskirts of the village there Tavayvaam - a kind of ghetto indigenous Chukotka Anadyr. From early morning until the evening they go fishing here on the coast. Fresh salmon caviar should have 200-300 rubles. per kilo, we can say almost nothing. Speaking of freebies, the very fish they are generally given free of charge or at the very least for a symbolic 50-100 rubles. Self-easy eggs pickle recipe is very simple, and the procedure will not take much time.
If desired, you can finish and buy already salty caviar, but the cost of it for obvious reasons, will be higher. Any problems with the export of the airport does not happen. Complexity can only occur with the more exotic souvenirs like antlers or tusks seals. To do this, issue a special permit. Smoked or salted fish is also better to buy from the local community. Do not forget to pack it well so as not to spoil the luggage yourself and other passengers.

Tourism.

It is foolish to go to Chukotka to just walk around the Anadyr. In order to fully explore the city a couple of days will be enough. All the rest of the time I recommend to visit the study of Chukotka. The region has recently been making in its development betting on tourism and it turns out, in my opinion, quite good. In the summer, during navigation can be reached by a small boat on the river Anadyr to some coastal towns. However, the most optimal in my opinion means of transport is the helicopter. Flights from Anadyr airport are quite common at all, even the most remote areas where the indigenous population lives exclusively. The ticket price is quite reasonable, only 500-1000 rubles one-way. In winter, you can ride across the tundra in the winter sleigh, which also undoubtedly bring a lot of positive emotions.

Of course, the experience of Anadyr given me absolutely subjective. Perhaps not so perfect in fact, but I Chukotka produced an extremely pleasant experience. I really hope that this year will once again visit this wonderful place.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting