Maria Santos - indomitable woman mayor of Mexico

The woman mayor of one of the Mexican cities, showed traces of two terrible attacks of Mexican gangs ...
4 photos via news2day.ru

As mayor of Mexican city Tikicheo she took a hard line against drug traffickers. The mother of three children, Maria Santos survived the first attempt 15 October 2009 while traveling with her husband through the city of El Limon.

An armed gang ambushed and opened fire on the car. Husband of Mary - Jose Sanchez Chavez was killed.

Despite the grief, Mary returned to her work and has managed to achieve significant progress. Mary experienced a second attempt in January last year. In spite of the health problems in the near future Maria plans to stay on as mayor

38-year-old woman says: "I can not leave my business, when I have three children, I must lead by example. Also, I remember my husband, who understood that such values ​​and how to fight for them ».

Since the beginning of the war against drug trafficking, announced in 2006 by President Felipe Calderon, Mexico has killed more than 30 thousand people, among them - a lot of police and officials.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting