History and Volvo cancers

1. Initially, «Volvo» was the name of bearings, which are manufactured by SKF (Svenska Kullagerfabriken), founded in 1907 by Swedish engineer and inventor Sven Vingkvistom. «Volvo», translated from Latin means "I roll» («volvere» - the Latin verb "roll», «volvo» - the first person singular of the verb). Now the company SKF is the world's largest manufacturer of bearings, seals, rotating assemblies, etc.

via ibigdanb only 16 punktav

2. The idea of ​​the production car has appeared at SKF employee Assar Gabrielsson (future director of the brand Volvo) in June 1924, and was announced during a chance meeting in a restaurant with his former fellow student Gustav Larson. Two months later, in August 1924, it took the form of an oral agreement. It was only after almost a year and a half, in December 1925, there was an official document, which declares: "I, Gabrielsson, the intention to create a company to produce cars in Sweden to make a bid G. Larson to work with me as an engineer." "I, Larson, accept this offer." It Larson was to develop the first car.

3. A young company was initially a subsidiary of SKF. Through perseverance Assar Gabrielsson SKF has allocated money for the production, and bearing the name of the brand was the car of the future.

4. The first production car was born on April 14, 1927 and it was called ÖV4. But his nickname was "Jacob." Because the idea of ​​the production car has been announced in the summer day in the Swedish calendar is called "Day of Jacob." Engine "allegedly" had a capacity of 28 horsepower and propels the car to a speed of 90 km / h, which is not bad for the time!

5. Jacob went curious case. On the morning of April 14 before the car was to be presented to the press, engineer Eric Carlberg decided in any case to check the car. It was found that it can only go back! Collectors screwed to the rear axle gear. The fact that the final details needed to build a car, arrived only the night before, and those who are responsible for the assembly, held not the easiest night, preparing the car to the show. However, all agreed that this is a good sign: now the movement will only forward!

6. Emblem Volvo - a circle with an arrow diagonally up and to the right - the ancient symbol of the iron symbol of the invincible Roman god of war Mars. It also shows the shield and spear. The emblem of reliability, durability and quality. A diagonal band performed before a specific function - to keep the logo. Later it transformed into a decorative element.

7. The package includes a small car ÖV4 flower vase.

8. The magazine Ratten («Rudder") first appeared in 1929 and was intended for owners of Volvo cars. It is distributed through the company's employees and through various partners. Ratten now one of the leading automotive magazines in Sweden.

9. In 1935, Volvo became an independent company.

10. During the Second World War, Volvo released the model unit for the Swedish army.

11. The world's first three-point safety belt has appeared in Volvo cars in 1958. He came up with the engineer Nils Bohlin. Later, other automakers began to use it in their cars.

12. The world's first child seat facing upstream movement was coined also by Volvo in 1964.

13. In 1976, Volvo introduced the oxygen sensor Lambda Sond, significantly reducing the content of harmful substances in exhaust gases. And to develop a catalyst.
Soon, this innovation has introduced the entire global automotive industry.

14. In 1995, Volvo was the first who began to install side air bags. They became part of the basic equipment on all models.

15. In 2004, Volvo introduced system BLIS. The system alerts the driver to vehicles in the zone of "blind spots."

16. If you have an old Volvo engine, even 1930 issue, even today, you can easily find spare parts for it. This fact is noted in the Guinness Book of Records.

You ask what has this shrine? Thanks cancers occurred the historic meeting of former classmates. Here is how this Gustaf Larson: "I accidentally walked past the restaurant Sture-hof. I saw the advertisement of fresh crayfish and decided to go inside, where he saw Gabriel sitting alone in front of the whole mountain of red crabs. I joined him and we got down to cancers with a big appetite. " In the course of this chance meeting in August 1924 and was concluded a verbal agreement to begin production of cars.
happy end

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting