Trip to Egypt

A short story about the last Russian in Egypt.
We decided to drive with friends in Africa. Cheap and cheerful.

Bought tickets and waited for departure. One day before departure we got a call from the manager of the travel agency and told us to come and collect the money, they say, all flights are canceled. If I say modestly, I was upset. Arriving at the office, we began to shout at the door, we want to go to Egypt to it no matter what happens. The girls exchanged glances shyly, asked if we are not afraid to fly? After receiving a negative response, began to look at the monitor, and after 15 minutes. offered to fly at night, but in another hotel. Of course, we agreed.

At 3 am we arrived at the airport. Going to the front desk, we were asked to place in the window. On the girls offered us first read the paper where it was written that the Foreign Ministry recommends Russian citizens to travel to Egypt ... blah blah blah, etc. etc. Smiling, we once again asked to place near the window. On the girls told us to not worry, the window will sit all because like us very little desperate ..., namely 27 people on the Boeing 767.

So we flew. 8 seats in each of the 45 seems to be the series (8 * 45 = 360).
Slept across the seats, walked barefoot through the cabin, joking with the flight attendants, ate a few times, in general, were flying.
Arriving early in the morning in Sharm el-Sheikh, we have seen here is such airport.

There is no one, we were the only ones who flew over the next two hours.
Got to the hotel and place, we naturally immediately walked to the beach. The only change from last year - setting on the beach viewing towers.

It is after that hype with sharks. Naturally, in which nobody is sitting.

On the beaches of the people is very small.

After lunch we went to the market and saw there the first and last demonstration in Sharm. It was peaceful and somehow in support of Mubarak.

Nothing particularly interesting was not. The whole crowd moved toward the center, and it was quiet and peaceful. And we decided to go back to the hotel for dinner. In the evening, when he sat on the balcony did not leave a pleasant feeling of delight from the fact that for nearly an hour in the morning I dug snow from parking place, and now I sit on the street in a T-shirt and watch the sunset.
Well, after dark, we strolled together on the market that I want to talk a little bit.

Market in Sharm el-Sheikh - is surprisingly colorful place, as well as all in Egypt. The market for the Arabs, it is not a way of earning, and lifestyle. They are very eager to lure you into his shop, under any pretext. The most common:

- Easy pasmary !!! Zahady ...

The first two days, it is very annoying, but then you get used and absolutely indifferent to look at them, and they practically do not respond to you. The main thing is not to look them in the eye, that there was no reason to even talk to you. Otherwise, you will get all the time, offering you all the taxis, oil, bags, hookahs, hashish, spices, fruits, t-shirts, etc. Anyway, you still have to talk to them (the Arabs), and it is very tight people. They practically do not understand basic things that if you do not, it means that it is not necessary even for nothing.

- T is normal, but how much does it cost?
 - 35 dollyarov ...
 - Expensive, and it is dirty, look, there's a spot fat !!!
 - Haras, take 30 ...
 - I do not need a dirty T-shirt, I'll wash it that ....?
 - Haras last price 27 ...
 - Yes, I do not need a dirty shirt ... whatever!
 - Therefore ???? For you 25 ....

This is absolutely normal dialogue with the Arab market. After some time in Egypt, you are struck by their stupidity. They can offer you the most pathetic things, and I assure you that this is a very high quality product, and this you will not find anywhere else. This may say that the neighbor's garbage, but it has 100% quality, although exactly the same thing, whatever it was.

- How much does a bag ???
 - 50 dollyarou ...
 - You're crazy, I'm your neighbor offers the same 30 ...
 - Haras, Dathan 40 ....
 - Do not you realize that your neighbor gives me the same bag for 30 .... ???
 - I have a genuine Koga and harosee katestvo .... Only for you will give for 37 ...

Well, it does not hurt if ??? Annoyed me this time. Talk with the Arabs in the market has always been the same. And more often ended with laughter from their stupidity. We were lucky and we were in a time when almost no tourists, and they all have vparivali at low prices, knowing that for the next month we are the last Russian tourists. In recent days, they are virtually moved to the stage of begging. When I bought a suitcase for $ 35, the seller almost cried and asked to buy something else or give it at least another dollar on the way home)))

The most amazing thing is that Arabs can you vparivat absolute absurdity. For example, dry mangrove roots or plants. They are foaming at the mouth will tell you that these roots down into the water, three days later, they will smell toilet water Kenzo. Naturally, you will be shown a jar of water, where the bottom of these roots lie. Water would be nice to smell perfume. Funny thing. Once you ask how much it costs to you will long argue about the size of the spine and its price. Taking a couple of roots, you're pretty go further, and after 10 meters you will offer them the same, the price is twice cheaper. Walk another 5 meters, you ask at the next dealer, how much are these his roots. The price will be twice as high, and he will not sell them to you cheaper way. Most paradox is that these roots do not smell when you dropped them into the water. Neither a day or 3 ... Ie this is the usual rubbish that can be found in the desert, and it does not cost anything. All traders the same story that after 2 days they will smell nice, but in fact, it's as if we were selling stones with a beautiful legend. I am sure that next year, when you come, they will vparivat same way. Well, if you know, then just be glad that someone does not know. At the same time, as I said, some do not sell cheap, but what a difference for how much, it's nothing!

In general, the market for the Arabs - a way of life rather than earnings. Although they earn, I think, not bad. My advice to you, never say a price first. Ask how much it costs. You will say that, well, how much he want or how much you give. Saying that would give free or something like that. But when you find a price, mow it at least 70 percent, well, then, who on many hard-nosed. Sometimes you catch yourself thinking that you bargain for 60 rubles for 10 minutes, and at a cost of $ 40 things in these 2 play no special role. In general, the Arabs in the market need to talk tough and strict, and if you thought about something or talking to friends, and he jumps in front of you and shows something, it is absolutely normal to invite him to shut up in a fairly rigid form. < br />
With regards to the market itself, it is all the two-storey building, on the ground floor where the shop itself, and the second apartment.

As in any market area and not particularly clean. If you walk away in the deep, and there is already quite dirty and creepy.

In the most remote areas of the market there is some production of something. For example, saving vests.

Or mattresses ...

There is no surprise here is the appearance of a store ...

I can not say why they all like this store. And such negligence in this nation around. How would not look nice hotels in the photos on the site you understand that everything is done very "clubhand." Kind of like what the poor to clean the visor at the store, he also does not hurt. Well, if you think it's ugly, it just did not look at him. And so in all they have.

A few words about food in Egypt.

Frankly, I would have anywhere except at the hotel did not eat. Naturally, the market we bought strawberries for a dollar per pack. Rather good taste. But we did not go to restaurants, no matter how luring us. Was a little squeamish.

Amazing nation. At the same time they are living in incredibly beautiful location on the shores of the unique sea. What can we say, the sea - this is what makes people come back here every year.

The coral reef of great beauty throughout the coast. Extraordinary beauty of fish, sea urchins and unimaginable beauty of the warm sea. Again, this is all in very dirty coast.

Understandably, the beach near the hotel clean of debris. All wild beaches, roads, mountains, desert, city ... everywhere is full of garbage!

Naturally, I am not saying that we sterile cleanliness. And we have enough dirt and debris, not saying anything. But the beauty of the sea is simply mesmerizing.

On the beach, you can see such fossils here. Clams, apparently.

Every morning, despite Russian news, laughing loudly. In Sharm el Sheikh entered troops and tanks. Do not argue, saw one tank. Again on the beach.

Posted in [mergetime] 1299069918 [/ mergetime]
On the fifth day of our stay were sitting around the pool, came up to us to protect and handed a note from the guide. Which stated that we have to leave two days ahead of schedule, and the names on 9 February. In the evening, this is the guide came to the hotel and to our indignation, it is necessary to leave ahead of time, said it was an order from Moscow, and he can not do anything. That, well, all you need to take out Russian until February 10. Of course we do not particularly upset, and just wandered into the market and bought a bunch of stuff on the rest of the money. Were very upset that we're leaving, the British, who lived with us at the hotel. Mileyshie grandparents. They knew that they would have to live alone in this hotel for another week because their state does not export to Egypt. (Then they wrote to me by e-mail that really stayed a week at the hotel alone, no one else.) Arriving in St. Petersburg, we went to the travel agency and wrote an application for a refund, within two days. While that's waiting for a response from the tour operator. Thank you and good luck!

Posted in [mergetime] 1299070047 [/ mergetime]
And that's just got a call from the travel agency.
Return the money ... Cheers !!! 3500 p. for two.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting