Aircraft - thugs

Good afternoon.
I would like to tell you about the test aircraft on low temperatures.
It will be 18 photos. All photos - mine.
A selection please do not break.

1) Why is all this necessary.
Indeed, why do you need to experience the aircraft at low temperatures, you may ask.
Because we all know that the planes fly at altitudes where temperatures reach - 65 degrees, and everything is fine ...
I can only draw an analogy with cars. I'm sure many of you went to the car, when the temperature was -30 degrees, and again everything was normal, now try the same car to leave for the night on the street and in the morning to start ...
Is unlikely to succeed. Same with the aircraft, the challenge - to get the lowest possible temperature, warming to spend a certain pattern and rise into the air. If all is well, the aircraft shall be permitted to operate the resulting temperature, and technology required to produce training side of the scheme that was used in the tests.
2) Why Yakutsk.
Again, why Yakutsk? Can not you find another place? Even more so for a foreign aircraft?
It is possible, I will answer, but difficult. These tests are conducted only in Alaska, Canada and the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). But in Canada and Alaska to receive such a low temperature (-50 degrees) is difficult. They happen less often.
There are two places in Yakutia, where it is easier just to "catch" a cold - it Yakutsk and Ust-Nera, but Ust-Nerskaya River airport is not designed to receive large aircraft. Although the temperature there is usually lower than in Yakutsk, in this case, to "frostbite» Boeing 737-700 was chosen Yakutsk.

1. Type in the cockpit. Green foam - is a stop-gap to the snow piled up on the cockpit. And it has been opened in order to bring the wires from temperature sensors.

2. The same.

3. View of the snow-covered wings.

4. pulls our "heater».

5. Spread hoses.

6. Heating of the wheels is not the nose landing gear.

7. Heating engine.

8. Heating of the same engine, and wheels and brakes the main landing gear.

9. Heating the lower luggage compartment.

10. Heating APU compartment.

11. And of course the heating equipment cockpit.

12. A little about Yakutsk airport. Dispatching.

12A. Terminal building.

14. The most enchanting thing in the airport. This toilet technicians on duty shifts. From our parking was very far from the terminal building, and had to go into IT. I can say that piss at -45 enjoy below average.

15. In the parking lot of decommissioned aircraft, plus there is really a whole airplane graveyard.
It seems to leave them in such a state there - cheaper than sending a wreck.
So - the An-24 (without screws but with a engines). In general, An-24 and An-26 - is still the basis of local airlines in the region.

16. An-12, looks good, perhaps even more in the ranks.

17. L-410 (the plane is simply a donor).

18. And finally - Yakutsk with bird's-eye view.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting