A day in the life of maxillofacial surgeon

Plastic surgeons are not only inflated lips special trash will not

Will 43 ph + a bit of text. source

Hello! My name is Katya, I'm 26 years old, I live in Moscow. By profession I maxillofacial and plastic surgery, the second year resident of the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery. I would like to show you one of his working days, which I'm really proud. after the reconstructive surgery, there are two fundamentally different facets: on the one hand come to you, patients who want to get rid of the aesthetic defects caused by individual ideas about beauty and age, on the other - the people who have suffered as a result of injuries, accidents, accidents and Patients with congenital defects. so the concept of the beauty of a plastic surgeon is very versatile, I personally never judge a person by his appearance!

Under the cut photos from operating, so all those who have the type of blood faints, I advise my day to watch, although no special scary moments under the cut will not be! the rest will see reconstructive surgery on his cheek-nasal-orbital complex and a small remainder of my day.

morning begins at 5.50 in the first 9 years of study I have already got used to the fact that this is the time to start the day. After wake-up call, I go to the bathroom. photo on the main attribute my good hairstyles - hair iron.

I have time for breakfast is not always, but today I did it! but big mug of morning coffee - a mandatory attribute of the start of the day. as part of breakfast sandwiches with tuna pate, eggs and cheese.

Then I bring myself up. In most cases, only a little powder and blush. red lipstick on the photo for a reason, I have it only for special occasions!

I have got a long time tradition - to hang out all the things that wear most often, on the rack, obviously picking up shoes and accessories, because it not only saves time, but also allows us not forget what is stored in the interior of the cabinet.

I usually pick up the bag in the evening, because otherwise necessarily something in the morning forget! the book is now being actively used in view of writing in one of the hereditary syndromes.

I travel to work by car, and since I leave at 7.20 am, I can not show you pictures of the way, because at that time Moscow was still almost empty and traffic jams do not have to be at work at 7:45, I parked near the hospital.

Now the clinic is being renovated, so it does not look respectable, but it is one of the leading centers in Moscow maxillofacial surgery and surgical dentistry.

the clinic each interns, residents, and graduate student has a locker in which to store our belongings. Here is my closet, which is to enhance the mood is decorated with photographs, mostly of my sister and the dog. yellow suit I wear is rare, it hangs in the closet in case if the normal form of soiled dressings, or during operations.

until the morning of the conference should be run to the office and check, whether the patient is ready for surgery, as well as to carry the story anesthesiologist. it is one of the floors on which the Department and the Department.

staffroom at 8.15 am, an hour later there will be overcrowded!

from 8.30 to 9.00, we passed the morning medical conference, which discussed the upcoming operations, and to report the results of the past yesterday. after the conference it is necessary to have time to tie postoperative patients, because at 9:30 we must be in the operating room. This dressing.

the first girl AL, which as a result of a hereditary syndrome Treacher Collins no tear moves to the left, so she had observed a constant tearing. the girl was restored outflow of tears using silicone tubing (in the inner corner of the eye, Circled). below have computed tomography LA, where it is clear that she suffered a lot of reconstructive surgery (in the cheeks visible porous silicone implants)

I. The second patient suffered as a result of injury, he has no left eye, before it has operated, but due to lack of the bottom wall of the orbit (the cavity, which should be placed the eyeball) eye prosthesis and lowered sinks. we performed a fence autograft (site of the patient's own bone parietal region of the skull), which was set in a cavity of the eye socket to create support for a prosthetic eye. seen on computed tomography and titanium mesh construction, with which the bones are fixed.

After bandaging we are still some time discussing the upcoming operation. This stereolithography model of the skull, which facilitate planning.

9.30, the patient in the operating room. My hands

Ts patient is injured, he has multiple fractures of the midface, the inner wall and bottom of the eye socket destroyed. It plans to move the fragments, to fix their titanium plates, and defects in the eye socket with transplants to replace the patient's cranial vault. on CT scan clearly visible fractures in his left cheekbone

after hands are washed, operating nurse helps to wear sterile gloves

part of the instruments for the operation

and this is my immediate supervisor and a teacher, professor, MD, plastic and reconstructive surgery Dmitry V. Davydov. I admire his surgical talent, the ability to teach and help people

the teacher and the student. a mask on my face prevents the eye blood and bone chips that very likely can occur when drilling bone graft for the fence.

and once again we are discussing the alleged tactics envisage cuts - there will be three: one at the lower edge of the lid to fix the fragments of the zygomatic bone, the second - in the mouth to restore integrity to the upper jaw, and the third - in the parietal region for taking bone grafts.

because we have a training clinic, the operation is transmitted to the monitor. near - CD player, now operated by the radio "Jazz»

the team is actively working in the area of ​​the lower eyelid

in access observed profuse bleeding, look at the monitor to clarify blood pressure

in the course are more serious tools!

Professor watches how his disciple

stage intake grafts from the skull

Very often, we are working together with an oral surgeon, at this time it is possible to take a break. time 15.00. negatoscope on my right, which is placed, if necessary X-rays.

Posted in [mergetime] 1310632872 [/ mergetime]

and yet I want to show you one bloody photo, if scary, then quickly dissipate! on it it is clearly seen that represent a titanium plate for fixing the bones, as well as in the inner corner and at the bottom of the wound visible bone grafts, which are a little different in color.

In principle, there is nothing in the style of a bastard is not just lunch time and some can spoil your appetite. I give a link, who wants to look well, not like I can not get into a single message, without adding to the previous pictures

TYNS

at 15.40 I leave the operating! everything went according to plan. The patient was transferred to intensive care, where will stay till the morning.

after the transaction is completed written assignments list and issued a protocol operation. once I enter the room and check if everything is in order in patients.

17.00 I leave the clinic

leaves the hospital parking lot, we finally go to my colleague to lunch or have dinner soon

on arrival I was lying expect menu, because today I am a little tired! at 18.15 hours (cutie)

I sit and think about the beautiful)

finally it

Finally at 20.20 I come home, choose a recipe to cook dinner. I really like the book Jamie Oliver

I chose the seafood soup, buckwheat soba noodles and coconut milk

to 9 pm soup is ready, but there it is, of course, will have tomorrow!

a late dinner looks like this: a glass of cider and a little fruit. about 12 o'clock at night I go to bed, because we love the work obliges to get up every day at 5.50!

Thank you all for your attention

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting