In the past, this factory cars were on everyone's lips.

In the past, this factory cars were on everyone's lips. Nothing that so little thin, but you go! .. My God, how many jokes "Zaporozhets" Species - "Mercedes", I think, and never dreamed of. The shortest and kind of them: "Half an hour of shame - and you're at work ...».

And here I am on the same car factory, which in the early 60s gave birth to the legendary car. Frankly, prepared for the meeting, feeling a little nostalgic, peculiar, perhaps, to anyone who has a little lived in the SCCR. What was "disappointed" when we, a group of journalists and presented another plant, and another car.

From the old ZAZ were only one, in my opinion, the factory floor and good memories.

19 ph via Anatoly Strunin

And the ancestor they are no longer "humpback" and quite noble producers of "GM" and "Daewoo". And, perhaps, our brothers-Ukrainians are right that did not play the hypocrite and create your own car from scratch. We looked at how we suffer with their "frets" of different modifications, and went the other way. Thus, what is the whole world - from hot Brazilians to pragmatic Chinese: first you need to create a production car and all its infrastructure, and then think of pride, that is, on its own concept car. And they succeed. The production capacity of the current ZAZ - 300 thousand cars a year. The lion's share of all the machines goes to the domestic market, but also getting better little by little export.

New this year - Chance. Small budget car with an engine capacity of up to 1, 5 liters, but with an automatic transmission and even with air conditioning. It replaced the Chevrolet Lanos, unreleased here since 2003, and will cost the Russian market 349 000 rubles. Test drive showed quite good results - and the dynamics, comfort and control.

But overall Chance still leaves not the most magical experience. Dull some turned avtomobilchik. That is its historic predecessor, speaking conditionally, of course - he was classy. Yes, do not be surprised, I'm a "humpback". Homely it could consider only people with no taste, because it was the prototype of the Fiat 600, designed by Dante Giacosa talented designer. Ours, of course, also "had a hand", Italian trate the desired condition at the Moscow plant of small cars (renamed later in AZLK). And the result is a fuel efficient car with a good (important!) Cross ...

But where is our "Moskvich" and AZLK with him? No! .. But there ZAZ and Chance - as the reincarnation of "Zaporozhets". And this would be a lesson to see how in the poorer countries of the former Soviet Union belong to the heritage of a powerful country. But we unfortunately got too big ship, and too slow he sinks it to finally feel at the top - on the bridge ...

Anatoly Strunin

Ukraine, Zaporozhye
September 2011

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting