How to make a candle from orange peels

Halves of orange, lemon or grapefruit can make life a candle! Of course, it's unlikely you'll be urgently cut this, if you shut off the light house, rather take advantage of the phone or flashlight. But these candles can be an interesting interior decoration or holiday table.

1. You will need orange, lemon, grapefruit or any other fruit of the genus Citrus. Cut it in half and remove all the pulp, leaving only the white core. This will be our wick candles.

2. In a bowl, pour the resulting any vegetable oil.

All candle is ready. Only it is not so easy to burn!

Only when she lit the wick a bit dried up and turned black. If it is then put out, then the next time it is ignited the first time.

(Via)

Posted in [mergetime] 1326849344 [/ mergetime]
Actually, that's it

ZY since the topic is not my (copy - paste), here are some answers directly from the author's topic:

Class! Very simple and fun. One question: Not smokes?
What is surprising - no bloat! I can not stand the smell of burnt oil. Sniffed, when lit, but felt nothing. That's when it blows out, that is the smell a bit, but quickly dissipated.

Where can I buy a wick?
As the wick - core. No additional devices.

and how long it can burn?
Honestly, I did not protest. I got burned it for 10 minutes, then I extinguished.

interesting solution, not a pleasant smell of burning oil and a wick will not?
Dependent on oil. Average sunflower lit practically odorless, and pink - combustion gives a sharp unpleasant smell (though I did not pour in orange, and they infiltrated the wick). Lavender, by the way, smells also quite nice. True again, pour it into a bowl that's maybe not appropriate - first perevodnyak secondly from a large number can be a very strong odor. So it is better still the usual sunflower. You can add a couple of drops of vegetable essential oils (eg, just lavender). I think the smell is pleasant, but not very strong.

Perhaps, if the pre-carbonize the core, and then pour the oil, it would be better to burn?
May be! Worth a try!

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting