Alexander Pokhil'ko: On the society and persons with disabilities

This well-educated and harmoniously developed young man fascinated correspondent NeoSMI even at the first meeting. Playing the piano and trombone, takes place at competitions in table tennis and volleyball. Excellent figure, amazing charisma, interesting draw and sells his work as much as 20 thousand dollars and is known far beyond the borders of Russia, but his opinion on the disabled community and shocked the author. While someone like him does not know best about their problems, because Alexander Pokhil'ko was born without arms and legs.

13 photos

- Disability - a gift of God. Selecting a person something, the Lord gives a replacement - he gets will power and courage. Ridicule itself - not the way out, it is necessary to develop the qualities that are given above. We begin to look for ways and opportunities to do nothing in and for itself. If you can not go - crawl, can not crawl - do tie that you could do it.

- You are helping a disabled person because you feel sorry for, not because they want to help. Because some of their motives, internal selfish purposes - it helps to improve himself, to atone, to justify his fear of "God forbid that happens to me." Do not help so better learn. Teach him to do so without it you could use something or do something.

- Russia is not a country for people with disabilities? Yes Disabled here more than in the rest of the world! If all disabled people will take to the streets of Moscow, the psyche of normal people will not stand.

- Make a normal city for himself and he will automatically become a convenient way for people with disabilities. No one comes to mind, that they can do something other than ramps. But ramps need grandmothers, not disabled in the first place - it is difficult to climb, automatic doors need - it is difficult to enter the subway. Make especially easier for yourself, you imagine yourself in old age - this is necessary to begin with, and then to think about those who are even worse, you should start small. We are now thinking globally, developing projects. "We are good, we'll help them" - is just a cover ... And then: "Oh, we denyushek not enough."

- I myself feel completely normal in this city. And my friends as well, they earn the sport pursue and do not complain! A healthy person physically unprepared for the wheelchair, but that does not mean that if it was disabled, it is not passed to it from the Library. Lenin to the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, he drove in anyone when there is no choice.

- It is necessary that a disabled person could adapt to the unsuitability of the city for the disabled. If you need a ramp - you prove that you need it. You also do not need it - you're sitting at home. You are justified by the fact that it is not that the city does not is not for you, that you something is not done. Go, go!

- Educate must first disabled - borders for you there! I climbed Kilimanjaro, I thought'll die without reaching at all, 16 kilometers of the ascent took almost a day. And in the end I reach the top and ask myself: "Why did I come here?". This I proved that - yourself? Yes, I already knew that I could!

- Why a disabled himself cornered? Because he was told that he could not, and if he is to convince that he is able, even if it is not so, someday he will succeed. Disabled people do not realize that they have, for example, hands, fingers, a head, and finally - it means they can already work and earn.

- I'm fond of swimming, took place, table tennis, volleyball team played in healthy and absolutely did not feel limited. And why? Because someone convinced me that I can not anymore.

- Terrible when a disabled person within the family destroyed as a person - you can not do anything.

- It is impossible to educate to the idea that people with disabilities should be taken for what they are. Will we ever get used to it and will not have to do for them, even ramps: someone will go on all fours, someone to crawl to work and it will be perceived by all normal.

- I care about how I will look among ordinary people. A person with disabilities should try to match the healthy people and to be closer to them.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting