Gldani prison №8, Tbilisi

Gldani prison №8, Tbilisi
Writes drugoi
It will be 27 pictures and text !!!

Gldani prison and detention center on the outskirts of Tbilisi - the biggest in Georgia, there are about four thousand people. The penitentiary system of Georgia, constantly criticized by the opposition and human rights activists subjected to the same stringent changes in the time Georgian police. From prison facilities carefully knocked the spirit of "thug zone", orders are given contingent of "inmates" are very strict, but fair. Thieves laws are destroyed at the root. That describes the situation in Georgian prisons and witnesses areas:

"The only type of behavior, which roll is the cultural and human. Will you behave culturally, moderately talkative and active, you will live in a neat and clean environment - and no problems. The contingent, of course, is different, and sometimes themselves have to stand up for themselves, not only in word but in his fist. Such incidents administration recognizes immediately and severely punished. To do this, even snitches do not, all the camera. So the situation has changed dramatically in recent years, about 10 years ago, in the area for the money could be everything good to eat, drink, drugs, and even bring Shmarov start it was not a problem. They all had phones and svidanki were full-time and poorly monitored. Now it is all history and simply impossible ».

In prison №8 director David drove me a bunch of few Georgians severe type. Photographing allowed only in the public reception and at the entrance to the prison itself camera away, then sending the photos taken "their" photographer for the news magazine of the Ministry of Corrections, Probation and Legal Assistance. They took absolutely nothing - I have removed all the same, that he had seen with his own eyes, and it would be virtually indistinguishable from sent me in the mail. Well, in a strange monastery with its charter, not walk.

Theater begins with a wardrobe and Gldani prison №8 - a public reception. This is the entrance to the prison, here come the relatives and friends of people under investigation and are serving sentence.

Here's relatives are informed about what is happening to their family located behind prison bars. Here are some lockers to meet with lawyers.

To the right of the entrance - computers with Internet access.

ATM and vending machine with all sorts of things.

Children's room.

Then this place was not allowed to shoot. In the window hangs a plaque with the information that in 2011 the prison received an award by the World Health Organisation.

Georgians gradually demolished old Soviet prisons, and in their place build new ones. Prison in Tbilisi built in 2008

Inside the housing, which contains the so-called juvenile, hanging telephones. Hence, in the absence of comments, you can call my family. Metal angle prevents the camera wide open - in the remaining space can get just one person.

The prison pharmacy.

Library. A lot of books in Russian.

Head of the library is one of the convicts.

In prison, four corps. This is the courtyard of one of them.

Corridor compartments for "youngsters" hung edifying photographs and painted funny pictures.

Such places for walking in the department for the "youngsters" are two. In total, the department that day there were 16 people.

Meals for convicted and remand prisoners hired to prepare this network Tbilisi restaurants. On that day, in big tanks of cooked chicken soup. Cook to my question whether there is a chicken took a large wooden ladle and scooped bottom. Testify at the bottom were chicken legs.

Most prison food remembered plastic trays with dry rations for podslestvennyh. Everyone who goes to this day at the hearing, receives such set. In addition, in a special refrigerator for three days stored samples of cooked food in case of complaints from inmates.

Laundry.

Doctor's office.

Operating.

The dentist's office.

X-ray room.

Standard camera. In that which I was, there was no fruit on the table. WC in a chamber in a separate room behind the door.

In Georgia, there are still two prisons of the old, Soviet-style. Within two years, they demolish and build new ones.

Minister of Corrections, Probation and Legal Assistance of Georgia Khatuna Kalmakhelidze. Born February 11, 1979 in Tbilisi. In 2001-2005 she studied at Hunter College High School (NYC) at the Faculty of Political Science, in 2005-2007 at the University of them. George Washington School of International Affairs. Ellitota which has been in the direction of international security and has received the title of Master.

In 2004-2006 he worked at the Georgian mission of the United Nations. In 2006, she worked in the electoral system of the International Fund (IFES), in the direction of political and financial research. In 2008-2009, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as Deputy Director of the Political Department. December 21, 2009 was appointed Minister of Corrections Probation and Legal Assistance of Georgia.

Speaks English, German, French and Russian.

I have everything, thank you for your attention

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting