Bering Island

People often ask me how I found myself on the island between the Pacific Ocean and the Bering Sea? How to find a job and housing? I answer.

Two and a half years ago, I went to the post of Head of Training and Consulting Center Academy of Municipal Economy, the wife of a senior administrator with a 9-storey hotel - natural zadolbalis on earlier works, it was all on the nerves. And the children grew up, they would have time to fly out of the parental nest, but nowhere to go. The son got married, and in the house there was the daughter and two housewives in one kitchen is like my wife says, Cossack, zabagatsko. There was reason to change something in their lives. The author suggested Varano address, I sent elektronku and 15 days later went to work as an engineer for labor protection on Bering Island. The apartment is settled in a day of arrival, however, to bring to normal residential status had with his wife a couple of weeks in the evenings and weekends to work, but to invest 45 thousand rubles for materials and equipment. The administration has pledged to work to compensate for the cost of materials, but ... Flats and now is in the village, only "dead". After my arrival burned house, and normal apartments distributed fire victims.

As it turned out the office on the island, which I came to work, the weakest wage. I had to immediately settle down for another couple of podrabotok. Here, everyone who can, besides the basic work and more burnished. Director recently podsideli, burnishing gone, and the bare salary under the new director I became not in pleasure, and I find another job, but not engineering. Again shabashki. By the way, the stoker (after three hours) is received thirty thousand, meteorologist (right after school and also after three days) - 15 for the north is not the money. You can earn and seventy and one hundred, but age takes its, and all the money does not earn. For two years my wife and one son have upgraded the car, and another bought a one-bedroom apartment. In order to supplement the family budget some of the islanders keeps chickens, rabbits, there are in the village a couple teplichek, almost all harvested mushrooms and berries.

Leave 52 days, you can connect two years. The road is payable every two years to the mainland (to the place of vacation) and back.

I have a rod and not one. I went again on the river. Gavanku, leaving no avail trolling, neighbors Aleut fished fish network (they are allowed), threw my bag four sockeye and pink salmon with a couple of words - go and do not frighten the fish. Fish since the refrigerator is not transferable. It is a pity that most of the red, and sometimes you want white.

Sometimes it falls through - mostly halibut, cod and mackerel. Mackerel (sea bass) are the four species, one of them with meat blue. White fish caught from a boat or barge half a kilometer from the island - there is a decent depth (volcanic island). Instead, use a rod with a slingshot wound synthetic twine two hundred meters, with three to five hooks the size of a matchbox and sinker. Mackerel can be caught and normal fishing rod on mussels at low tide in razmoinah reef of the former fur farms on the Cape for a berth on the quay - it's next to the village fishing spots. There is still a fish place near the village - near the bridge on the river Gavanke, but there's only salmon - sockeye, coho, salmon and char. Holtz can be fished without limitation, the rest only ticket. Goltz locals do not consider for the fish, but my wife very much, and fried and boiled form. Meat from Arctic char tender, slightly pink and virtually no fat. Wife makes char salamuri of Ukrainian recipe (marinated) - under potatoes unmatched food. The fishing season is not red caviar is a delicacy, it's just food. Girlfriend wife to come to tea is not a box of chocolates or biscuits and a jar of caviar and sturgeon.

All my life I wanted to go fishing in the ocean, and fishing there, and even the wife of cod caught in the 8 kg - dragged her from the depth of 65 meters. I wanted to see the whales up close and saw and nafotkal husband again from 25 meters north floaters (very rarely allows him to come close to him) and killer whales to fifty meters. I have seen killer whales and humpback whales from the shore, three hundred meters.

7. Killer Whale hunting. Tyuleniku grusnyavo

I saw sea lions, Anthurium, fur seals, and also from the shore, and the wife of a research boat and almost next door.

Foxes sometimes appear in the village, but "in the island" (a local expression) can run alongside rumbling CTA or a car, well, it's mostly young, and without fear, only raising his head, watched the, not even rising from seasoning a few meters from the passing transport. The cordon or winter hut living under huts sometimes entire season next to the inspectors or nauchnikov, feeding on the remains of a kitchen table.

11. Mink begging.

13. Mining

In the village everything except potatoes imported. There are some residents hotbed with radishes, cucumbers and strawberries. Now the end of July, and in neighboring hotbed just beginning to bloom strawberry. But this is probably due to the late summer. In raspadkah More snow! Unusual for this time of fog. A fog hampered flights of planes. The aircraft main means of communication with the mainland, in the summer twice a week in winter. But if there is weather. Sometimes waiting for the weather on the two or three weeks.

Hang out in the ocean for two days I do not have a desire. For the price of the flight to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky on the island - local (with registration) five thousand, for the rest, more than 28 thousand. Rubles. Steamboats about five thousand. Rubles.

The works, especially in summer and autumn, the sea. Now in village about sixty Uzbeks from Kyrgyzstan and Armenians, plus local and still have free shabashki. Salary Rex (visitors builders) forty thousand. Rubles per month, plus free food. My wife and I are engaged (Sabbat) is mainly the repair of apartments and service offices. But to repair them and to repair! Work there is ongoing. In the latest issue of the local "Aleutian stars" five positions - chief accountant in the reserve, an economist, accountant, teacher and physical education classes in elementary school, the teacher in the village / garden and a librarian. Go right here, it is desirable with a truck driver, tractor driver, the driver's boats, as organizations have ATVs, snowmobiles, vehicles, boats, boats. "Crust" and experience a turner, welder, milling machine, computer, digital TV tuner, etc. Professions only help in a life on the island. Riding on the island only on call, then pay the fare here and back podyschut housing (school has its office accommodation). ALL housing with amenities on the island, ie central heating, warm toilets, hot and cold water and electricity constantly. Holostyachek and divorced women in abundance, but it's not for everybody.

Weather specific - virtually no sun, fog, wind. But not cold, winter temperature rarely drops below 15 degrees, this is due to the warm currents in the ocean. In summer, some locals even swim, but I personally have not seen such. Aboriginal joke that summer on the island of short, but little snow.

16. Table hills

Cultural and sporting life on the island hardly breathe because of the low activity of the population. But football, volleyball, pnevmostrelba, trenazhёrka, table tennis, a vocal group (my wife and I are engaged there), national Aleutian dance group, a disco there. The Internet is, but medlennovat (on the island of 300 people).

18. cultural centers

You can talk more, but until we see no unusual Experience island life. Conclusion - you can live on the island, but not necessary. Yes, you can earn on any purchase, but also in other places (on the mainland), it is possible to do. I'm holding here shabashek opportunity. At my age (almost 55 years) to find permanent work very hard and go for watches already seriously. Wife suitable climate - not too hot in summer and freezing in winter, and the salary of the spouses is three times higher than on the mainland. But the goods all in stores significantly more expensive than in Petropavlovsk. If wanting to go to the mainland there is a possibility, I recommend to go to Kamchatka. Yes. It's cold, but in areas of the Kamchatka Territory have many vacancies for technicians and hard workers - they are exposed to the network, and most importantly there are trees in Kamchatka (the island is only sparse grass and shrubs)! In Kamchatka work program of resettlement of compatriots from neighboring countries. As far as I know, the regional administration loyal to the migrants, comply with the law.

Well, the island - it's an amateur. In the summer here pesky seagulls groans under the windows, the sound of the ocean surf, winter Yukon Raven, hiding from the wind of the hummocks and the deafening silence of the tundra. One could argue that the deafening silence does not happen, believe me - it happens. The island is not much perceived as on the mainland. And most importantly - if something happens in the world, here they find out about this latest.

© Beshkarev Alexander

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting