A day in the life of a patient with leukemia

17 photos + a bit of letters.

End outline the

He writes: e-lyamin

Hello! My name is Jack, I'm 15 years old. Actually, I'm from the Kursk, but after a few months I am treated for leukemia in Moscow FNKTS them. Rogachev. When you lie in a hospital for a long time, it seems that all days are the same. It features only a picture of the window, and health. But I'm not going to complain about here, but rather want to share my good day. So, see my day, 21 December 2012.

1. In my ward there is no clock. Frankly, there are not really needed. Rise at 9 am - a crawl with the heads of offices and doctor. They closely watch and tell a treatment plan for the day. Behind the scenes they carefully listen to my dad, he is with me in the hospital, but refuses to be photographed. The rest of the pictures also did Dad.

2. Prior to the time to wash and look out the window. They say it's cold outside. I do not really care, because I have not been outside for more than three months. But the sunny light. It's good! Just high spirits!

10:30. Instead of breakfast I have today a blood transfusion and platelets. This is about three hours. Transfusion we make all after chemotherapy, when its leukocytes and platelets in the body there. Without them it is impossible to cure complicated diseases, including mine. I am very grateful to the people whose blood now flows in my body. They're probably could find more interesting to do than to go to the hospital to donate blood. Doctors say that in the days of the New Year's blood may not be enough. Actually because of this, I decided to tell you about my day in this community. If even one person after this post will hand the blood, I will be happy. Learn how you can donate blood here

4. 14.05. They brought lunch. Some special diet I have not, but it is better not to abuse harmful. Actually, I would love to replace the tray with buckwheat and chicken on her mother's pizza. Mom's nothing tastier pizza can not be. But my mother away and is likely to work now. We communicate with her by phone. Basically, of course, says the Pope).

5. 14.30. School starts. For us to come to the hospital every day, and the teacher is required to spend a few lessons in the school curriculum. We are engaged in is, of course, not at their desks, but we try to keep up. In the photo - a lesson in chemistry. In secret, it is not the most favorite subject. In the 9th grade, I'm one of the department. The guy next to - own program. So do not solve the problem or do homework in my case it is impossible.

6. 15.15. The change go to the House, to change clothes Shorts (They conveniently put up). I put a drip with saline. It is on wheels so you can move freely around the office.

7. 15.25 returns to the lessons. Along the way, I photographed at the plate in the department.

8. After class I go over to find out what else waiting for me today procedure. They say nothing extraordinary - just change the catheter.

9. 17.30. I come back to the House. I communicate with classmates through social networks. They know me and are very supportive. Of course, I miss them. Last time we met in September, when doctors allowed me to go to school for a couple of hours. But there are online - so I am aware of major events.

10. 18.20. Our teachers have decided to make a surprise changed into Santa Claus with gifts and walked through the wards. Immediately came a feeling of winter and the New Year. I was presented with school supplies. It's nice!
Ironically of course, that in high school I was in the squad of volunteers, and we went with gifts to orphanages. Now here come to me.

11. And another picture of our teachers.

12. Since I went into the corridor, then I chat with friends. This is our meeting place. There hangs a plasma and usually we watch comedy. Or volunteer to think of something. But today, just chatting about all sorts of trifles, making fun of each other and find out all the news.

13. Came our girls. With them, too, it is necessary to talk, they are funny. Fotkat do not want to, so Dad takes the picture as if by accident.

14. 19.35. I'm going to change the catheter. Today is the last procedure. On the way to do a staged photo. Under the mask is not visible, but I smile.

15. This is how it all looks in the procedure. Sisters know us by name and always trying to make more careful. If the mood is good, we are being transferred jokes. If bad, they cheer.

16. 20.15. My supper cool for a long time, he was brought back in 19. But I was hungry. In general, oddly enough, I love hot dogs! After dinner, there is no force to be photographed, there are medications and sleepy. So was my one day in the hospital.

All

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting