Repair Battery Hybrid cars with their hands

This story will be useful to those who already have an old hybrid, but there is a lot of money that would carry him to the mechanics of the doctor, and for those who are interested in hybrids, but is afraid of them because of mifof that are associated with costly breakdowns hybrid parts.

Will 15 fot text

So I was covered in model year Prius 2001go one block of a high-voltage battery (CDH), the cost of a 1st batareichki ranges from 500 rubles up to 1500P, who like selling, I have managed for the 800r.

For those who do not know and think that a hybrid is designed so that if the battery is broken, then it is completely broken and need to buy a new for 150tysch milen, plus the entire machine does not go, it is not so.

Is myths car rides as well as riding, just on the scoreboard lit znachёk damage cars (error), and they should not be.
Just tell a little about your car, mileage 310 thousand, speak with the 260ti, 50 thousand changed only liquids, several lamps, and (at the most inopportune moment, night, rain, another city) drive janitors, and this spring, when went asphalt, Bellow grenade tore essno had menyat with a grenade as to have time to get the dirt and it crunched.
But this winter, it's time to one block of CDH, one of the pair dies usually 1, but to understand what is at home pretty hard (and pros take still quite a lot of money only for the analysis of CDH), so I was just all a couple.

Well start. Just specify that each bolt fotkal I did not because I was fascinated by the process, and when it is put back, and forgot about the camera down at all ..)) So we need to start wrenches and heads 6, 8, 10 and 12, remove all from the trunk (that is where the battery is located) and remove the casing.

without skin

More free skin

no view from the interior trim

Then disconnect the positive terminal 12voltnogo battery, which is also located in the trunk.

Unscrew and take out the rear seat backrest, they are attached 2mya bolts each.

then remove the cover of the air cooling CDH - 4 bolts
and disconnect all 4 chips with pins.

Now unscrew 12 (sort of) cover bolts CDH, the same screws and attach itself to the body of CDH, and here they are - batareechki.

It is only from the interior

Then inviting other (CDH weighs 60-70 kg) and pull it out of the trunk ...

This trunk without battery

... Then I became interested in the process and forget about the camera down, remembered only in the heat when called another wife and he walked away for 10 minutes ...

In general it is necessary to unscrew the bottom of the battery are many bolts, is fastened with which each element (in the Prius later they're gone, they really do not need), so that in principle they can be back and tie, but I'm screwed.

Then we turn back to the battery, remove the rubber tube and take out the dead blower elements instead insert serviceable and collect everything as well as dismantled.

Thank you for your attention, I hope someone my report will come in handy ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting