Bonsai for hobbits

KrisGays (ChrisGuise) - artist and lover of Japanese art of bonsai from Maidenhead, United Kingdom. A mechanical engineer by profession, Chris has a beautiful collection of bonsai trees he grows and demonstrates on his page on the service Flickr. We want to show you one of the most prominent and interesting works of the author. Chris recreated in miniature house hobbit Bilbo Baggins, Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee, which begin and end with the events of "Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit." Especially in this fantastic object "green" art affects the author's attention to detail. But see for yourself ...
18 photos from here

1. Here is the finished result of the wizard at different angles ...

2. ... and during different seasons.

5. "Almost immediately after I bought the tree, I cut a trench in his trunk, processed edges and left him alone. After 2 years, callous edges and place. Soon after that I decided that I wanted to continue the formation of the barrel. "

6. Work on the excision is performed using the Dremel with a variety of nozzles.

7. After fixing the drainage holes on the platform, the basis for it was made from a special mound of soil for bonsai "akadama" and placed and fixed tree. From clay and peat it was built curb to hold the soil.

9. "To simulate a hill, the rear wall should be very high, so I decided to take a" sponge ", which is used by florists to fill the space. It is very easy, obviously it absorbs a lot of water and because it is very convenient to cut out the desired shape. The sponge is attached to the brick facade on top of the wire and covered with a thin layer of soil »...

10. Brick facade is attached to a plastic mesh that holds all the parts together. "Bricks" carved out of the roof tile, skived sharp corners. All parts are cemented on a plastic mesh substrate. First created future door and window of the house, after the wall was laid out between them.

11. Copper doorknob was machined on its own a small metal working machine Chris and polished with sandpaper and steel wool.

13. "I used to hedge Meranti wood chips, bonded aluminum wire. Before installing the fence, I covered tree dark varnish that it did not look new. A wire was to grow old with metal scouring pads. "

14. Steps to home and small playground outside the window are made of slate tiles. Cracks and gaps between the tiles are filled with small tufts of moss.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting