Mosquito genocide

So. Villa has a huge number of advantages, ranging from barbecue and ending campaign for mushrooms, not to mention fresh air and the possibility of escape from the dusty and nervous Moscow (St. Petersburg, Syktyvkar ... right to substitute). I was lucky in this respect: dacha in the Ryazan province, off the beaten path, so to gribalkoy forest reserves and hunting in full. However, novootstroenny house, with all amenities, with a sauna, a small garden and barbecue at full length. In general, a paradise on earth, even like three bedroom garden swing set, if not one but ... mosquitoes !!!

And it is mosquitoes, not the mosquitoes, because next to the swamp Meshchersky lowland and from 9 May to the end of September in the country comes a total apocalypse local scale as fumitoks in every room of the house, despite the screens on the windows, tons of repellent on exposed areas of the body and on clothes, as these animals bite through even camouflage. In general, do not go out of the house, and if you go out, if you please, or apply a new layer of repellent (old is only valid for an hour), or fast-running quickly, waving his arms to the destination, at times soaring rate of waving hands. However, local Aborigines and laugh, saying "there is nothing better than twigs of birch / fern / nettle (underline)" waving a sprig of no worse habit of Shaolin monks, driving pristavuchih insects and discreetly pochёsyvayut bites.

Komarno genocide 2
Komarno genocide 3

So, two years ago, looked after the unit of American working for the total mosquito genocide in the amount of 1, 5 acres (about 90x90 meters) called SkeeterVac, and in Russia there were no reviews, but in America, a lot of smart and only positive .
I'll be honest - I stopped the price difference in America and in Russia in 2, 5-3 times, but when I found out how much it would cost to deliver (a package wrapped not easy - about 12 kg) realized that just delivery and make a difference in the cost. < br /> This year decided to take the same SkeeterVac! Not the least role in this played the consent of close neighbors to testify (the radius is missing), buy the trap in half. It's a pity that distant neighbors get ...

He brought these things device to the country, and by the statements of the neighbors were waiting for me (although probably trap) in the morning, since the concentration of the blood-sucking creatures reached unimaginable heights (May 25, after a long rain). Installed trap made a noticeable recovery in the activity of holiday-makers, it was found that immediately mosquitoes have become much smaller, although, most likely, intervened in the case the number of ppm in the blood. Then it was decided (not quite sober) for some reason, the decision to install a canopy, which was done for 10-15 minutes (although anything that is not mentioned in the manual). However, from the beginning around the trap began swarming mosquitoes to fly and very active fall: what caused an unhealthy excitement at all, and the pilgrimage to the device alone and groups occur until late at night, when it was discovered that "it is so cool flashing colored lights! »
After days of use (although individuals have been seen for spying to cart all day, so part of the mosquitoes released navolyu sure) in the basket and on the adhesive tape device was found the following:

photo above

that's what caught the tape per day

On the other hand

The trap attracts?
She identifies carbon dioxide, as a man; warm, like a man; smells like a man (not the spirits of course, but the smell is rather similar to the smell of fresh mycelium)))); Honey flashes, creating the effect of human movement and drawing with light.
How does it work?
Attracted by blood-sucking insects (mosquitoes, midges, horseflies sometimes) flies to the trap and either absorbed into the shopping cart, where can not fly, or stick to the adhesive tape. In the basket a day they die from dehydration.
It works from the trap of domestic gas (according to my calculations of a large cylinder is enough for 3-4 months) and requires consumables: octenol (the very smell of the person) for 40-60 days, and adhesive tape for 2 weeks on average.
The trap operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is open all season. After 7-10 days, the producers promise a significant reduction in the population of mosquitoes and flies, and after 2 weeks interrupted the cycle of reproduction. Thus mosquitoes become less and less.

Trap with consumables for the season took here (in a personal email anyone interested)

People wondering if that was a week of using email, put more pictures with description)))

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting