Cycling tour to the Curonian Spit

In Kaliningrad, I myself had never lived, but guests come, usually at least a year - to his grandmother. Now it's time to say goodbye for good to the city (at least for sure for a long time), and finally we decided to visit my man Curonian Spit, to which for some reason I never could get. From beginning to end, our only transportation was bicycle. On the map I noticed the route.

Sneaker not hurt to throw mostly went, so very rarely photographed and bicycle wheel, and because of a dead battery, and sometimes had to take on all bicycle bell.

Please do not break. There will be 50 pictures.

Our faithful horses on which we set out. Strictly speaking, they are not ours. And despite the fact that bikes with dignity endured all the trials, we cordially recalls his St. Petersburg Gornik.

We went to the street Chapaeva. Previously, it was the Oktyabrsky district, now it joined with the Central. Very nice place for those who love old German mansions and green courtyards. A quiet place, with no means deprived of all the benefits of civilization. Home photos - from those that were left from the times when the Kaliningrad Konigsberg was. This house was built by locals for his family, but later in the Soviet Union, the house was divided into several apartments. By the way, the owner of the house somehow came from Germany, asked for permission to take a picture home to show family. Inside, however, did not take place. And in this sense it was a little - from those years there was nothing left.

Another photo to transmit the atmosphere of the city. Prospekt Mira.

Up the street Nevsky, who led us to the highway, we drove through the street, and the Proletarian Street. Sergeeva, so do not deny yourself the pleasure to take a ride along the promenade of the Upper Pond.

On the opposite side you can see the defensive tower, which today is a museum of amber.

Near has modern buildings.

This is great place for walking and cycling. Bicycle lanes are marked with signs, pedestrians also allocated a separate line on the waterfront.

Also track embankment pleases cyclists and skaters presence bike park.

One of the fountains of the waterfront.

This photograph was taken on the way. Route A191, leading straight to Zelenogradsk. As a cyclist, I can not say anything bad about her. Enough space for two cyclists riding at once, good cover, in general, all the wonderful day. But at night on the way back or whether we were unlucky, or the situation is not happy - not many lights burned in its entirety.

First picture in Zelenogradsk. This gazebo can be enough to drink mineral medical-table water "Zelenograd". As you know, the chance of very happy after the road. Water, however, sweetish and a lot of it will not drink. But quench their thirst - the most it.

Earlier Zelenogradsk was called Kranz. This small town is actually even older Konigsberg. He was born in the time of laying the way to the Curonian Spit Teutonic Order. And at the very beginning at the site of the town was a tavern.

Zelenogradsk touches with a mixture of Europe and Russia. It can be seen from the narrow streets of the German houses ...

... Combined with larechkami completely Slavic appearance. By the way, this bakery damn delicious custard cakes. The fillings do not regret.

With sunset we were lucky. No, in fact, the sunset over the sea - it is always nice, even though I'm not a fan of the seas is far more like mountain streams with my small homeland. And yet, here it is impossible not to admire this. Hopefully, though a bit able to transfer photos.

And now the most fun. Sleeping initially we were not going. Two moron is a force, yes. But it is a power we have not calculated exactly how and time.
Since tent with him was not, and in the distance rattled the storm, thunderstorms during the night to get to us, we had to build a place to sleep from what was at hand. I want to reassure the "green" - were involved branches of the bushes, they grow here at a furious pace, so we did not cause irreparable harm to nature. Before bushes apologized personally.

Early in the morning we went to the Curonian Spit. You can tell the rules of entry. For walkers and cyclists visit the Spit for free (only pay extra for individual museums, directly inside of them already), but motorists will have to fork "for the harm."
If you do not expect the route in advance, advise to take the route of a brochure on hand at the entrance. This booklet is free. In it you will find a map with marks braids and a description of the main attractions.

We reached 6, 5 kilometers. There are two options - turn left and go to the sea or to the right and go along the route "Royal Forest". To begin choose an easier option and go to the Baltic. A small forest path leads quickly enough to the coast. There is nothing special to say - it is beautiful, very beautiful. We really had no luck - this year's spoils the landscape a strip of dead bugs all over the beach. Do not take pictures closer guess, but you can see in the photo darker strip close to the shore. So, this is not the stones. The reason for this phenomenon can not say for sure. We naguglit that business in a strong gale, abruptly changed the warm weather. Here are emitted posshibat beetles and the sea. Whatever it was, the sight of the specific. Aroma, unfortunately, too. But I hope to send after us lucky anymore - certainly by the time they have will be removed.

"Royal Forest" fully justifies its name. You feel very small and not the king of nature, but rather her humble subjects at the reception. Enhances the feeling of this wonderful poster. Pay attention to the signature of the hand))

On the route we did not deviate, stopping only to read the information on the next panel. It tells about the flora and fauna of these places, history passing before post road and a lot more then. I will not rewrite all the best Get here and read for yourself.

Unfortunately, I'm not special in the imprinting of nature, but it can at least show variety. Obscene, guys just totally live! Indescribably.

The culmination of the route was the entrance to the Gulf Coast, to the viewing platform.

Type therefrom. Quiet, beautiful, away motionless heron stands like a sculpture. Sorry, the steering wheel is not reached, so no photos of birds. Heron like a heron. Nothing special, really.

11 kilometer was very welcome. We left very early in the evening did not show off too much, in total, have stomachs started growling in unison. I want to warn repeating our mistakes - the majority of institutions, shops and cafes are working here from 11 am. We arrived before 10, so we had to drive until we found an open cafe. Despite the somewhat high prices, it is very pleased with the offer Breakfast, tasty coffee and Deep Purple as background music.

On the coast smiled such a pointer.

Nearby is the lighthouse, which initially reminded us more water tower. Access to it is closed, but it still works by sending radio and light signals.

Well, of course the coast. Beautiful, not very crowded, clean. But again, beetles and and ...

At 14 km we stop to visit the museum complex. Many photos will not be here for photographing keep an eye out, because it costs money. So much that it was possible, furtively.

Throughout the museum you can find small information boards that tell the history of the region.

The first place we visited was the "Museum of Russian superstition."

It exhibited handicrafts of wood by local craftsmen.

Crafts were Folklor show character and looked on this principle: action figures and a description underneath.
In addition, the walls could find different quotes and sayings. And the house was something that did not convey any photograph - is warm and wonderful smell of wood. Small souvenir crafts master made on the spot. For example, my question about Kolovrat he replied, "No, but now will be!" And went to do))

The museum building

Very pleased with the children's playground in the complex. House of Baba Yaga (which, of course, you can climb), wooden sculptures, slides, swings, etc. etc.

Everything is done very soundly, not anyhow. So the big kids too, no problem can have a rest here.

Another thing worthy of attention. Here we propose to perform a mini-tour of the Curonian Spit.

Each cell - a type of surface. Sand, soil with pine cones and twigs, stones, etc. etc. It is proposed to go from bare feet with his eyes closed. I must say, it is quite interesting. But that's a big shot - very badly)) to jump through them, the stones seem to be any softer grass.

Since take pictures not already guessed, I will write here one more time. We reached the cage with the animals. In general, there are only two. We admire the deer in the first and went to second. Behind the fence and two (!) High and strong bars, guards were seen only wooden house with large letters under the roof of "Mars". Himself Marcy, we have not found, no matter how much revolved around. We decided that he is somewhere to hide and sleep quality. The answer we found out at the exit, ask the cashier. As it turned out, Marcy - a young hog, who was unable to come to terms with nilly. It is because of the thirst for freedom were more lattice fence, but in the end, and they are not rescued - Marcy washed away and was not found.
By the way, meeting with animals can not boast. In addition to numerous Ptah and a melancholy heron we met only deer, which was released to the track. However, it was not possible to take a picture - very energetic kid ducked back into the forest.

At 31 km, we go from the "height Muller." My advice to a cyclist - not repeat our mistakes, leave the bikes at the bottom !!! The road is sandy, so the drive will not work with a breeze. But the upward drag bikes particular pleasure.
Height is named after a forester, who introduced a new method of planting, which will consolidate the dune "swamp" and thereby save the village Rossitten (today Rybachy).

In this photo you can see the observation deck at the height of ...

... And this tower, from which we removed the observation deck. Believe me, with her view much more effective! I recommend!

The next stopping point was the Gull Lake. Once there vodilos many birds, but we were not lucky - we were met with silence lake and pristine surface of the water.

Fishermen village 33 km we drove, especially without stopping. I repeat the recommendation to try the fish there, sold on every street corner. True, we have not got. Ride through the village, we went to the bay. Desire to swim, he did not cause, most desire to go fishing, due to the large number of fish living creatures, visible to the naked eye.

Almost in front of the village is a road leading to the sea. There you will find a neat beach with coastal cafes and all the attendant. There were not photographed, fell a couple of hours in the sand for the purpose of sleep, and then went for 37, 3 km - visit the dancing forest. He is known for the unusual shape of the tree. And the right to one or two, but a whole forest!

Pictures do not convey the whole atmosphere. When you get there, everything felt different. Impressive, in general.

This tree is not just an additional fenced - it is particularly popular with visitors because of the many legends and beliefs associated with it. Some say that the loop on special days (or nights) may serve as a gateway to other worlds, other that the tree takes desire, if climb through this loop.

On this our journey was completed, further down the spit remained "height Efa" Swan and Lake, but we decided to get to them another time, because We could not afford another night. After visiting the forest we fell in the same cafe where we brought unusually delicious shawarma and coffee brewed in a thermal mug.

About fox - no joke, she lives nearby.

The final picture of the main characters, and you can go back - to Kaliningrad. The road turned back and forth about 150 km, not counting hiking routes.
All you can kick :) at least that miscalculated with the number of photons.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting