Gunsmith Dagestan

Once Dagestan was actually a center for the production of weapons. In the past, the mountain republic called "Blacksmith" Caucasus. Now everything has changed dramatically, the wizard is not yet extinct, but an arms craft on the verge of extinction.
20 photos

I arrived in Makhachkala day later the main crew and was not able to get acquainted with the work of a gunsmith, who was spending the night under the plan. We stopped for filmmakers in the early morning, and I 10 minutes briefly ran through the workshop and took a few photos. Then, in different villages, I met a few people who are somehow connected to the matter of weapons and something filmed. The result was certainly a mix, but still quite interesting, worthy of more in-depth and detailed study. Next time.

Before you make another sword or saber, first drawn sketches, worked out a form and patterns, up to a millimeter. Only then begins the work with metal:

Wall with samples of different weapons in the workshop:

The father of several sons. Since childhood they adopt skills, as they say from grandfather to father, from father to son. But the trend today is that children are increasingly looking to the TV or iPhone and the charm of seats for the machine has attracted few people. Money is the master not so much to earn:

Dagger:

In one village, we have demonstrated a real sword kladenets. A fragment of this sword decorated with cloisonne enamel on the main post of the pictures:

Walking stick with the "secret»:

Here's a "secret" - will not find it:

Decoration sheath pattern. Hellishly tedious and time-consuming work:

What would have been clearly seen, sfotkal a large wooden bowl that also decorated with a pattern of wire. Here we see that the whole pattern - is hammered into the wood thin wire:

And here's another one master, making pistols and shotguns. In the photo, he solder pen for the gun:

Here's a funny turn his gun then. It is a beautiful thing:

At first I thought it was a sham, but no. In it the working mechanism is silicon, which is cut by a spark:

Here is stored gunpowder:

And another exhibit - a gun!

Being in Dagestan, we looked travel to the city of Kizlyar. In half an hour we were allowed to see the production of knives in the modern workshop. So runs a modern plant, with little or no manual labor, punching. True, there are some models of Kizlyar, piece, or as they say, designer, which put a lot of human effort and talent. But again, the piece goods. Like it or not ...

The machine for a given program cross stitching) Sandblasting cuts 5 mm steel scissors paper impressive:

Stacks of blanks which then made a bunch of knives. Pun turned out)

People working for the machines, not that of their colleagues in their shops:

Here in this shop, we met a real blacksmith. Its products are valued several times more expensive:

And I was standing next to a T-shirt without sleeves ...

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting