Ghost Ship

In continuation of this theme

I once was read to the holes book, which was called "ghost ship". From all the other ghosts, these are different in that they are not only scary, but beautiful.
The other day in the Basque town of Bilbao, I saw a ghost: a very beautiful and very scary.

7 photos

I'll start with the beauty about the worst - and then.
As in any true beauty, the two of them here: explicit and implicit. Enough for the first view, the need for a second knowledge.

But implicit beauty, that is the history of this ship is impressive even stronger.

Before becoming a ghost, three-masted frigate was a dream - completely implemented, and particularly surprising because.
Twenty years ago in St. Petersburg lived an unusual man who more than anything loved to sail and sailing. And there was this man completely crazy fantasy: to recreate a life-size first Russian frigate "Standart", built by Peter the Great in 1703. And that reincarnation "Standart" did not stand in the Neva embankment decoration or, God forbid, a floating restaurant, and went on long hikes, maneuvered against the wind, scorched from the iron cannon - just lived a normal life fregatskoy.

Petrovsky "Standart" (engraving 1705)

Who saw Peter the early nineties, remembers what was then the city: neglected, poor, criminal, unhappy. What the hell "Standart»?
Vladimir March (the name of an eccentric) started building, having the neastronomicheskuyu sum of ten thousand dollars. When the money ran out, the night moonlighting "bombily».
In the wasteland picked herring stuck pipe frame chimeras. Someone made fun, someone twisted his finger to his temple.

But the beautiful dream always has a powerful energy that makes the impossible possible. Gradually appeared associates, assistants, volunteers. Six years later, the ship was completed, launched - and, contrary to expectations of skeptics, not drowned, and was quite seaworthy. For almost ten years, "Standart" pleased Petrograd and went to the European seas.

March no longer young. A dream come true.

And now turn away from the beautiful to the terrible.
Lives in our kingdom-state behemoth stoglavno thousand years, and all the heads of anyone not count. How to write in the annals, their name is Legion, the father of their Soton. These heads grow in countless orders, boards, ministries and departments. From Soton put them the order: not dopuschat nothing alive, and if where sprout - eradicated. And that kind of head that decides who can sail the seas, and who can not, in the tenth year "Shtandartova" of being suddenly decided that I must eradicate this fable because frigate amount of combustible materials per square meter exceeds the permitted limit for metal vessels (which, to put it mildly, it is not surprising) and wooden sailing vessels of the head to its large size standard is not foreseen. "Standart" decided zaarestovat and shackles shackle.
But the dream, even materialize - elusive substance. Frigate squared sails and flew off over the horizon. Seek him, fistulas.
Since then, for the fourth year this volatile ingermanlandets roams at European ports without risking severe water enter the fatherland.
"Standart" everywhere except Homeland glad everywhere are invited to give free parking, help with repairing. Frigate involved in all sorts of marine shows and festivals under the Russian tricolor.

He's fighting with the British "Endeavor" Captain Cook's ship

In the world of replicas of the ships of XVIII century is very small, only seven or eight. Each costed a lot of money, each considered in their own country something like a national treasure. There are, thank God, and we like that. Demonstrates the Russian flag. Admirable. The fact that this ship - defector, foreign people do not realize.
Life in "Standart" difficult. Sometimes he manages to play in a movie, but this is rare. Basically there is a vessel through voluntary donations, and their sparsely. Captain Marty lives right on the ship, in a tiny cabin. Crew changes all the time. Anyone can take a swim in the "Standard of the" stored in the temporary sailors. Here's how to do it.
I sat and talked with the team. Almost all of the very young, a third - a girl. I drank rum and sad that I for many years and that my whole life is painted on the clock; I did not climb reyam not sleep in swaying under the low ceiling "Lule" do not spit tobacco spit into the waves of Biscay. And the dream, dear freesia, I just can not stick. Late.
All this I am writing this is what if you do not yet understand.
In our country today is not so many things that we can surprise the rest of the world. One of them - this one running on the waves of the holiday under the Russian flag. Three-masted frigate handsome, the memory of Peter the Great and glorious past of the Russian fleet, our government for anything not needed. So maybe, once again dispense in a good business without a state? We're already accustomed to it.
Let's help "Standart", let them swim.

Original taken here borisakunin.livejournal.com/114854.html

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting