American athletes have stood up for the Olympics.

Organizers of the "Sochi-2014" received support from an unexpected quarter. While an American bobsledder famous curiosities in the bathroom with the door, his teammates were against groundless criticism Olympics.

"Hashtag # ProblemySochi (#SochiProblems) - this is just ridiculous. America, stop be ignorant! Enough to follow the negative trend ", - he wrote in his twitter bobsledder Nick Cunningham. Athlete urges focus on what really matters: the competition. "It amazes me that 98% of people who criticize the Olympics are not even here," - he adds.

I agree with Cunningham and another bobsledder - Dallas Robertson. He even wrote an article in the online edition of the Courier-Journal, whose name can be translated as "The Russian everything turns out fine" or "Russian worked hard." Sportsman, last soldier impressed with how to ensure the safety of Sochi. But even more he liked the kindness and attention of volunteers.
"Our team arrived one of the first, and that we have experienced first difficulties with accommodation, such as the jammed door in the bathroom or a strange smell in the room. We have read hundreds of articles about horrible grim living conditions, shooting stray dogs, but now I'll talk about what I saw myself ... Hundreds of people with whom we met were very cheerful, friendly, helpful and just good to us. If you linger in one place for longer than a minute, you certainly will approach and ask a volunteer in English, can help you. I come from Kentucky, and the people there are friendly. But I'll tell you that Sochi has left behind Kentucky, people here are hospitable. " According to Robertson, even fast food restaurants in Sochi walked service quality American. "It's amazing how they were proud to work here, standing at the cash register for 12-hour shifts! That's what McDonald's my pleasure to be eaten in America! »
However, the athlete impressed with not only the hospitality: with regard to bobsleigh, "it can not compete any other track in the world." When its construction was given to the "amazing attention to detail and quality of the ice is close to the ideal».
Do not forget about the athletes and bobsledder Johnny Quinn, famously broke the door in the bathroom that could not be opened. On Monday, Quinn stuck again - this time in an elevator - but together with his teammates. "I hear we have a own song," - wrote Robertson, attach a cover album Doors «Break On Through To the Other Side» (group name can be translated as "doors" and the album - "to break through to the other side") .
proof

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting