Common carriage Indian train

Swears Railways ?! Welcome to the common carriage Indian trains! Visit India and not to ride on the train and, in particular, in general the car - so skip incredibly interesting experience, both in terms of communication and visual images, and the ability to fully load their sense of smell, the feeling, the sense of touch!
32 photos
Original taken from alexcheban

Having been the first time in India in the 2007m year, I porobovat sleepers "without" and "with" air conditioning (Sleeper AC & non-AC), and on this trip finally reached General Class overnight train. This is an incredibly cool! A railway stations ... That's where you'll see a small provincial town railway station late at night but in India ?!

In fact, nothing special, in fact probably all went to the general car naschih trains ... the only difference is that in India you will find open and friendly fellow travelers. Someone from independent travelers falls into the general car accident, not ozabotivsya tickets in advance, and in India every day on trains traveling tens of thousands of people and the fact that tickets sleeper classes not - this is a common practice.

Judging by the film and by the fact that I have seen, the general cars, too, are filled in different ways, it also happens that passengers hanging out of the door. So I can say lucky, on the car could move relatively quiet, although all the seats, the upper shelves, lobbies and toilets ... (!) Were employed.

But it all starts with the purchase of tickets. I will write an article about trains in India, today show photos:

Wagon "second class", also known as "general class" write on cars and so and so. On the train, hot, instead of windows lattice under the ceiling fan not working. During passage through the forest belt in the car fly all sorts of tropical butterflies and dragonflies, which are also quickly and blown by the wind.

Arriving to land 40 minutes before departure, my friends and I have not been able to sit in one car, so went to the neighboring. As it turned out, we were lucky that we all sat.

Dim artificial light, high ISO, white balance terrifying ... but to do a series of black-and-white deliberately did not, after all, India - is, first of all, the color!

In the vestibule guys dinner. I have great difficulty could not refuse the offer to sit down. Almost every companion friendly, trying to speak, something to show something to entertain me ... Even paint smeared on the train on the eve of Holi celebrations. Unfortunately, with knowledge of English was only a few people in the car

The guy is not top shelf took too much on the occasion of Holi and always strove to fall down:

On the bottom shelf sits an average of 5-6 Indians, although the regiment size is the same as in our reserved seat (3 seats). On the floor, someone goes to bed, and so almost every "coupeĀ»:

Station - is another story. Here sleeps a huge number of people, there are times that you just need to step over sleeping bodies to move forward:

The office of the conductor:

What did you see in the photos ?!
Poor sanitation, mud, felt an unpleasant smell ?!

Most likely you will find yourself right, I saw a piece of real India, met pleasant companions, and have even sent pictures of your fellow travelers. Throw out the stereotypes and complexes, try to feel the country from all sides.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting