Keith Richards wrote a book for children

The legend of rock 'n' roll Keith Richards will release a children's book with illustrations of his daughter Theodora.

The book "Gus and I: The history of my grandfather and my first guitar" - a story about how his grandfather Richards introduced him to music and gave him his first guitar.

"The fans, of course, want to meet the boy in the pages of the book China. The story begins with the fact that Keith in his room for the first time in my life holds a guitar, "- said Megan Tingley, editor-publisher of the book.

In his memoir "Life" (2010), guitarist «Rolling Stones» have told about his grandfather, party jazz band, and its role in the life of the boy.

"I myself have become a grandfather for the fifth time, so I know whereof I speak - said the 70-year-old musician about his new book for children - The special bond between children and grandparents is unique, and it should be cherished. In the book - the story of this precious communion. »

The book "Gus and I" was written in collaboration with Barnaby Harris and Bill Shapiro.

Drawings made in ink by hand by the artist made 28-year-old daughter of a musician - Theodore, who, incidentally, was named after his great-grandfather and hero of the story.

From left to right: the wife of guitarist Patti Richards, daughter of Alexander and Theodore

Also in the edition will include photographs from the family collection.

September 9, 2014 the book will be released in print and electronic versions.

Tags

See also

New and interesting