Dog shelter

Author: vladkovalenko - We went to Borodianka in "service utrimannya tvarin."
in this place for a long time were brought many, many caught in Kiev dogs and killed there -
methods, which spent the least money. and it is not controlled, and getting there was almost impossible. Today, killing is forbidden in Borodyanka new director, and there broke Youth League for Animal Welfare. People from the league can come there to observe the situation and work with dogs who have a chance to attach. And so we went.
here are my impressions. About the situation there, I was probably the worst opinion. That is, was ready for the worst. Now some dog sitting in Missed enclosures. They have new wooden flooring, and if they agree with each other, they do not lie on the concrete floor. Well, and there is something to feed. something so that they eat only the most cheerful dog.
a lot of them.

Our task was to socialize, play with ten dogs that people from the league was chosen as candidates for the host institution. the nicest-looking and least aggressive. we took a leash and cookies. because we are naive guys. because in fact these dogs are not at all happy cookies. and no attention person not happy. they've got enough attention for a lifetime. "Most friendly", of course, do not rush to the people first. they simply look ahead, trembling and sad forward to when you bastard biped rather go away and give die quietly. and in their eyes can read quietly, and all that they have experienced before your cookies, and what do people stand.
if you sit in the cells with these dogs often and long to talk to them, they will certainly get used to people, become self at bay and the situation is corrected. but most good hands, now go there volunteers can only twice a week for a couple of hours, and all the rest of the dogs just lie in their skvoznyuchih cells in the corners and listen to the cries of the other dogs, and tremble. and go crazy.
it is not zhivodёrnya. but it is still a concentration camp.

there is one - ten - a cheerful dog. normal live dog - with curiosity to what you have in your pocket and readily substitute belly to chukha. he's the only wags its tail. it is still small. with him in the cage sits another dog - he allows himself to be touched, but he sits motionless, vzhavshis the wall. I've seen only in children autikov, only his eyes alive and dreary. very, very beautiful. they are all beautiful, and some - very.

there is a fighting dog, who grew up as expected, aggressive and owners of their emissions. they shout in their cages. There is one good-natured pit bull, who apparently escaped from the home of the girl and did not find his way home. Now he is behind bars and waiting for when it comes to the owner. there is someone yelling voice of the human child, I did not have the nerves to see who. newcomers brought by the collar and dragged, rastasovyvali by new cells.

there is very bad.
and dogs are very beautiful. Only they need to pick up from there, and they bloom.
and they are, what they want to take.

I also want to say that I was always afraid to be there. that, well, then I will not sleep at night and cry. but the Congress and no longer afraid. if you have the opportunity to go to - use. give the dog an hour of attention is not easy, and it gives them a good chance of survival and adoption.
issues "to communicate with dogs in Borodyanka and Yasnogorodka" deals scady_sxe
if you want something to help individual animals, but "nerves can not stand to look at their suffering» -
you can just help Gostomel Shelter establish new booth. booth heavy, hands are needed.

Tags

See also

New and interesting