From the viewpoint of suitcases

Do you know what happens to your suitcase at the airport outside the window with rubber cilia after you have passed it in the luggage? The press service of the Moscow airport "Domodedovo" invited me to her and gave to photograph the work of all airport services. In particular, I took a picture of a suitcase all the way from the front desk before loading it in the plane. Today I begin a series of reports on how the airport works ...

Passengers part with your luggage at check-in. Here in the suitcase paste tag containing information about the owner and destination:

Oversized baggage, baggage that is large or custom size, you can take in a single rack. It is advised to take the same airline and fragile luggage. Here it is pasted label "glass" and sent down the pipeline in general, and on a special elevator:

Cargo space is a huge room that looks like a small underground city under the airport. His network luggage space intertwines conveyors whose length generally is greater than 3, 5 km. All bags come down here on one of the 6 arms:

The first thing suitcase passes through the scanner. No matter what the situation was not lying suitcase scanner to read information from its tags. If you left a suitcase sticker with a bar code from a previous flight, the scanner can get confused, and your luggage will go to further processing, where the airport employee manually find the correct label on the bag and send it to your flight. Therefore, the airport staff advised me to pluck all the extra suitcase with stickers after each flight.

Then gets into a suitcase introscope where it shine for explosives, weapons and other prohibited items:

If suitcase seemed suspicious system, such baggage will be sent to a more thorough check.

Suspicious luggage has 4 additional checks, including computed tomography and diffraction installation:

To search for explosives are also used dogs:

Oversized baggage shine on a single point inspection. By the way, if your bags stick handle or shoulder strap unfastened, it will also be recognized as an oversized:

In the luggage suitcase Moscow Domodedovo Airport can be reached by one of the six pipelines. Passing scan, 6 arms together in 4:

Suitcases at high speed (video of my "assistant" Marat is the end of the article) pass through another scanner. This determines at what flight registered suitcase and, depending on this, is sent to the left or right sorter, also called the "circle". If the "circle" Right, then goes upstairs suitcase:

If the "circle" left, then down. Moreover, the distribution element of the conveyor in a few fractions of a second time to raise or lower:

Before moving to the circle, computer accelerates suitcase and throws it exactly on one of the platforms range:

With the circle suitcase over on one of the 70 "slide-ways»:

Slide-ways - a slide for suitcases. The system accurately calculates the time when the case will pass by the desired slide-ways, and resets the luggage on it:

Take a closer look. See pink stripes on slide-ways? It is a pink suitcase carried on one of the platforms' circle »:

Depending on the number of passengers per flight can be assigned to one or more slide-ways. Suitcases with them removes the loader, and hand-held scanner for scanning the control shifts to the cart:

If the aircraft is very big and a lot of passengers on a flight, instead of slide-ways use one of two moving conveyors (triplanarov):

Note the foreground baggage crew:

Carts with luggage transported to the aircraft:

In airplane luggage can download either the small ladder-transporter:

Or raise a special lift:

Now let's consider what is happening with our luggage at the time of arrival.

Usually, when the plane stopped in the parking lot to it immediately pulls baggage train:

Bags shift on the trolley, and train rides to the arrival luggage compartment, in our case it was a branch of the internal lines:

A train pulls up to one of the conveyors, loaders and shift the luggage belt, where he immediately goes upstairs to issue:

Oversized baggage brought separately:

Transit luggage marked bright yellow tag. Airport staff know in advance whether there is a transit luggage on a flight. It is caught and placed on a separate carriage:

In the Moscow airport "Domodedovo" I spent 4 days. Made 500 photos. They showed me everything that is in the airport. On the territory were taken by car SAB (Aviation Security Service). We have traveled many times around the perimeter of the entire airport, which is 28 kilometers! Together with the pilot S7 I passed a medical examination preflight briefing, familiarity with the flight attendants, inspection and launch aircraft. I was even allowed to climb the tower to dispatchers where I made a couple of unique spotterskih photos. In the near future you will find a series of reports about the device Airport.

-
Source: sergeydolya.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting