Bright people in 2011

Before the New Year less than a month - it is time to sum up and draw ratings in the spirit of "best / worst."
We offer you a list of Russian and foreign celebrities, who by his actions in the past year has earned the title of heroes.

Kate Winslet

Undoubtedly, one of the protagonists in 2011 became an actress Kate Winslet, who showed determination and courage by coming to the aid of 90-year-old woman.
Accepting the invitation of his friend Richard Branson, founder of Virgin, to stay on his island of Necker in the Caribbean, Kate Winslet, and could not imagine that would be the epicenter of a violent fire. In the evening on August 23 over the island a terrible storm broke out, one of the lightning hit the house, and the guests were a matter of seconds to run out of a burning building. The hazard light and Kate behaved like a true heroine - issued at the hands of 90-year-old billionaire mother Eve (Branson himself at that time was at the other end of the island).
In gratitude for saving the mother's British billionaire decided to make an unusual gift to the famous actress: in April 2012, together they plunge to a depth of 3820 meters in the Atlantic Ocean, to look at the sunken "Titanic." "Is it not to be delightful, if the star of the film" Titanic "actually see the ship ?!" - he said pleased with his idea of ​​Branson. By the way, the cost of a single ticket on a submarine carrying on the same flight, is 60 thousand dollars.
Needless to say, long-term friendship and Kate Winslet, Richard Branson's only got stronger after passing the test of fire. However, the main gift to the beauty of the actress became a fateful meeting on the island of the ill-fated nephew of billionaire - Ned Roknrollom to which they are inseparable ever since.

Konstantin Habensky

Three years ago, Konstantin Habensky lost his wife Nastya. She died of a brain tumor. In memory of his beloved wife of actor helps sick children. And not in vain. This year we especially remember the story of 11-year-old boy from Vlad Mikhailovka, a small district center of Zaporozhye region. His grandmother brings Love Semenovna Martynov. At 9 years old, doctors discovered the boy had a brain tumor, and by making four operations, said that the disease is incurable. Love Semyonovna asked for help to one of the charities. So the history of the boy learned Konstantin Habensky, he decided to take it under its control and fully paid for treatment.
Actor personally met the grandmother and grandson at the station and check that the child showed the capital's best doctors. In the end it turned out that the Ukrainian medics put the wrong diagnosis - tumor was not malignant, and therefore it had to be treated differently. The boy spent a month in the hospital, and "Uncle Kostya," as he calls the actor, constantly visited him: bring goodies and gifts, telling funny stories from filming.
Now Vlad recovered and began to walk to school, but the actor still did not forget. Once they even gave my grandmother a trip to Spain: pay for flights, accommodation, tours.
It is noteworthy that the story, reporters learned from the grandmother of the boy. Constantine also tries not to flaunt his charitable activities. Woman.ru believes that it is worthy of the highest respect!

Kate Middleton

Who would have thought that this plump girl from a simple family of the British prince and his wife will be wearing several titles: "Duchess of Cambridge" and "style icon"? Probably no one ... except for the Kate Middleton. We decided to assign another title - "the hero of 2011" - for what it is to realize the dream and honorably withstood the test of fame.
It is said that Kate still in school in Marlborough, fell in love with William and dreamed of meeting him. Dreamed about, it came true - Kate and Prince first saw each other in the classroom at the University of St. Andrews. William later in an interview, said: "We have lived together in the same house as friends, lived with us a few of our friends. Here's how it all started, we often saw each other, went together to have fun and all that. "
For several years, Kate went to "girlfriends" Prince, and only in 2010, William proposed to her, giving a ring of Princess Diana. "It happened in Kenya where we were vacationing. I just decided it was the right moment. We talked for some time on the subject of marriage, so it was not a big surprise. In Kenya, the evening went to dinner, and I proposed to her. " Of course, Kate said "yes."
April 29 the world watched with bated breath for the wedding of the century. But the main test awaited Kate after the exchange of vows - she had to win the love of his subjects. And, in our opinion, she did it! The British love to the Duchess for her simplicity, wit and incredible charm.
By the way, William also a hero - November 27, he participated in the rescue of the Russian seamen.

Natalia Vodianova

About this girl can safely say: athlete, member of the Komsomol, the beauty, and our heroes, the rating could not do without it. It is time not only to work hard, but also to raise three children and engaged in charitable activities. This year alone, it has opened a new children's park in Kazan, and family support centers for children with disabilities in Nizhny Novgorod. But, of course, the most striking events were the fabulous Charity Ball in Paris and the gala dinner in Moscow, which collected about 2, 5 million dollars for the construction of playgrounds in Russia and the development of centers of support for families in Russia.
By the way, this year its fund "Open Hearts" celebrated its 5th anniversary. Recall that the main purpose of the organization is to create playgrounds for children living in different cities of Russia.
"The game - it is a necessity, not a luxury. It is through play, children are still at a very early age begin to interact with the outside world. According to one prominent psychiatrist, the game allows us to find salvation from violence and despair ", - says Natalya. Who is behind its organization - 60 game parks in 44 cities in Russia, including 13 children's homes and boarding schools, 3 hospitals and 9 rehabilitation centers.

The Duchess of Alba

Marry 85 - absurd? The most notable woman of Spain - the Duchess of Alba thinks otherwise. October 5, 2011, she tied the knot with the usual official Alfonso Diez, who is 24 years her junior.
The wedding took place at the residence of the Duchess of Seville - the castle of the XV century Palacio de las Dueñas. The ceremony was attended only by relatives of the bride and groom. 85-year-old bride was dressed in airy pink dress of chiffon and lace, which had created for her design duo Victorio & Lucchino. Despite his advanced age, Alba famously danced flamenco. Not without the traditional throwing of the wedding bouquet, which, however, failed bride only on the third attempt.
Relationship couples going on for the last four years. Children Duchess believed that Sharp marries album from the material considerations: the total size of its condition was estimated from 600 million to 3, 5 billion euros. To prove otherwise, the Duchess refused to riches, spreading it among their children. "They did not want me to get married, but they change partners more often than I do", - he complained of Alba in an interview.
This marriage became a Spanish aristocrat the third. Two previous spouses Duchess survived.

Alexander Sokurov

This talented director forced us once again to believe that the Russian cinema still has a future! It was a real triumph of the 68th International Venice Film Festival, received not only the "Golden Lion", but two alternative prize - Future Film Festival Digital Award and the Catholic Association SIGNIS.
American director Darren Aronofsky, handing the top prize to our compatriot, said: "In all of us, people from different parts of the world, this unique film made equally lasting impression!" Note that the film "Faust" - a free-style adaptation of the same name works of Goethe, taken at German. Sokurov completes the picture of the person and tetralogy of power: "Moloch" (Hitler), "Taurus" (Lenin) and "The Sun" (about the Japanese emperor Hirohito).
In the history of the world's oldest Venice Film Festival Russian film makers awarded the highest award of only the fourth time. Prior to this in 1962, "Golden Lion" to the film "Ivan's Childhood" by Andrei Tarkovsky in 1991 - "Urga" by Nikita Mikhalkov, in 2003 - "The Return" by Andrei Zvyagintsev.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt

What is the list of heroes do without Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt? This pair has earned itself a good reputation the most generous benefactors (the actors have their own fund Jolie-Pitt Foundation). They far as possible, try to respond to any trouble.
So, in the beginning of 2011. Jolie and Pitt have donated $ 2 million Namibian reserve Naankuse Lodge and Wildlife Sanctuary, where they spent Christmas with their children. The whole family helped volunteers to care for orphaned cubs baboons and foxes, and watched as the will released Leopard.
The donation was carried out by a charitable foundation Angelina and Brad on behalf of their daughter Shiloh, who was born in Namibia. "We want it to be increased with an understanding of where her homeland, and has been involved in shaping its destiny," - said Angelina.
In June, Jolie and Pitt have donated 500 thousand dollars to help victims of the tornado in Joplin, Missouri. "If you lose 30% of the city residents of Joplin will not be easy. I spent almost all my childhood there, I know that these people are hard-working, modest and, most importantly, cheerful, "- commented on the generous Brad Pitt.
In October, a couple donated 340 thousand dollars to the starving children of Somalia. They transferred money to the fund Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid, which helps mothers who were left without a livelihood. "I am so grateful for the privilege of refugee families to spend with them a few years of my life. I learned a lot from them. I learned how to be better as a person and as a mother. They inspired me by showing me how much can be strong the human spirit, "- said Angelina Jolie.

Sergei and Irina Bezrukov

Famous actors have proven that, despite its popularity, they are still willing to work for the fees and for the idea. This year, the couple presented the film "The real fairy tale." Sergei Bezrukov made there not only as an actor but also as a producer and sostsenarist.
Irina admits that she and her husband had long wanted to make a Russian fairy tale. Because today's children, in their opinion, have forget who the Baba Yaga and the Bag of Bones: "We have a lot of great Russian heroes, about whom so many interesting things can be removed, but instead we look at the American green men." But this was not so easy. In the middle of filming investors suddenly stopped funding, and to finish the film, Bezrukov had to borrow a large sum of money and to lay all of his possessions, including cars and housing! They did it without thinking, because they believed in the fact that even if the film does not pay for itself, it will delight many children, and this is important.
"I like that very fool out of a fairy tale, I will fight for children's national cinema", - says Sergey. By the way, the pair really care about acting on what will "grow" younger generation. Recently, the couple also recorded a disc where voiced their favorite fairy tales and distributed these records kids in orphanages. In addition, Irina second year involved in charity work, as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Interregional public organization promoting disabled children suffering from rheumatic diseases "Revival».

Michael Douglas

In August this year the actor Michael Douglas revealed cancer of the larynx. But Michael did not lose heart, not broken and does not bury himself alive: he began to fight with a deadly disease. Actor severely emaciated and looked like that "without tears will not look", but he managed to survive.
In early 2011, Douglas said that the disease is defeated. Malignant tumor, which could be fatal for him, resolved. "I feel great and feel great relief. The tumor had disappeared. The last six months have been a wild race, "- said Michael Douglas.
This news made happy in the first place, of course, members of his family: his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, children and parents. 94-year-old Kirk Douglas, a veteran of Hollywood, shared his joy with the magazine People: «God has heard my prayers. He does not always fulfill my requests, but not this time! ".
Michael Douglas in an interview with NBC pointed out that it was not easy to tell the terrible diagnosis for their children - Dylan and Carys, but he "told them from the beginning." "I even took them with him to one of the sessions of chemotherapy that they do not come up with does not God knows what", - said the actor.
Now Michael has started to work. He will play the role of Steven Soderbergh and showman and pianist Liberace, who died of AIDS in 1987. In addition, the actor began a campaign to help research in the field of cancer.
Douglas encourages people to carefully monitor their health and undergo regular check-ups to prevent dangerous disease in its infancy. After his illness at an early stage, doctors, as they say, failed to notice, although he has visited doctors complaining of a sore throat. "I understand it all: a tumor is difficult to find, it is unusual ... but I would not say that he is ready to forgive the doctors. From the second stage would be easier to handle than the fourth, "- said the famous actor.

Ksenia Sobchak

This year's presenter started his blog in which suddenly acted as accuser first national show business, and then the rest, including the politicians, and even the Church ...! That only is the recent case of vip-passes to the belt of the Virgin in the Cathedral of Christ the Savior. Sobchak gave this one Rublevskaya friend. But rather than use it, telediva decided to bring this fact to the public: "I thought it a cynical joke. It turned out - really cynical "- quite frankly outraged Sobchak, alluding to the fact that ordinary people to get to the Orthodox shrine, were 15-20 hours in the cold in the queue. "The shame is that as far as I can tell, a believer must understand that all are equal before God and all - part of the test," - she said.
Prior to that, another record Xenia also caused a scandal. TV presenter posted online video of which became a hero Rosmolodezh head Vasily Yakimenko. Sobchak was surprised when I saw it in one of the most expensive restaurants in the capital. She took on a mobile phone is not the cheapest dishes that are ordered official, and showed it in his blog. Of course, look at other people's plates are not good, but not keep quiet about these things, too, is commendable.

woman.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting