Domestic television gaming consoles, "Astra" - greetings from the 90s

It's time to get out of the attic and a little old lady Astra tell about it, look inside.

So, «Astra»
The computing unit. B>
Is "touch" keyboard of those years. Contact punching buttons to confine the upper surface. It should be noted that this is not the best keyboard for programming, but it looked very strange. Most of the "keys" have the values ​​5-6, and sometimes took quite a long time to find the right value of the code. Podzvucheny were pressing through the TV. I would like to also note that the TV "Birch" had to be upgraded to become possible to use the prefix.

Inside, we are waiting for processor Zilog Z80 , two EPROM K573RF4A (this device below with closeup) and four dozen logic. Astra I had seven years, and K573RF4A already attracted by its appearance.

Zilog Z80 - eight-bit microprocessor with a clock frequency of 2.5 MHz ( Wiki )
K573RF4A - Reprogrammiruemoe ROM. Erase is done by UV radiation (20 minutes before irradiation), recording programming - electricity. Volume K573RF4A - 64 kilobits (more: characteristics and механизм)

Gaming Hardware - «Electronics». B>
Made in the domestic style;) with a domestic socket. The same connector is used for the TV.

Implemented on the reed switch. Lever on the spring-loaded hinge that provides a return to the neutral position. Magnetic ring at the base of the lever.

For the forward direction (left, right, up, down) one reed used for diagonal (left-bottom, etc.) For some reason two. Perhaps in response to more specific provisions of the lever.

A couple of years after Astra (1990-1991) began to appear prefixes Dendy, Sega and others. One thinks gaming clubs with similar prefixes such as Astra (Spectrum and others. Analogues). Surely, the most popular game in such clubs were airplanes. The games were different, for the most part - the arcade, rarely met "three-dimensional" arcade, well, and, of course, the old man Pacman. Examples of programs presented in the manual, were all sorts of colorful animation, all sorts of divers who went down to the bottom of the sea (knizhentsiyu can not find, would have made a couple of pictures).

Astra was going to a small business "robot" in Minsk

Let's go back to the device K573RF4A

Engineering beauty ...

We have already written that K573RF4A is a reprogrammiruemoe read only memory capacity of 64 kbps (8K x 8) with UV erasure and electrical data recording.
Contains 169,579 integral elements i>

Has an eight-organization, with simultaneous reading of 8 bits.

The size of the letters, roughly about 58 microns. What does it mean, this marking, the network is not found. RF86P or RFVBP.

The structure of the memory matrix with memory cells i>:

Excerpt from lectures :
ROM with UV erasure is based on the storage array built on the memory cells, the internal structure of which is shown in the following figure: i>

Cell represents a MOS transistor in which the gate is made of polycrystalline silicon. Then, in the chip manufacturing process and the gate oxidized as a result it will be surrounded by a silicon oxide - insulator with excellent insulating properties. In the described cell with fully erased ROM charge in the floating gate is not, and therefore the transistor does not conduct current. When programming the chip to the second gate located above the floating gate, the high voltage is supplied and the floating gate due to the tunneling effect induced charges. After removing the programming voltage on the floating gate induced charge remains and therefore, the transistor remains conductive. The charge on the floating gate can be stored for decades. Block diagram of the ROM memory is different from that described previously masked ROM. The only jumper is used instead of the above-described cell. In reprogrammiruemyh ROM erasing previously recorded information is carried out by ultraviolet radiation. To this light may pass freely to the semiconductor chip, the chip is embedded into the body of a quartz glass window.

Upon irradiation chip silicon oxide insulating properties are lost and the accumulated charge from the floating gate flows into the semiconductor memory cell transistor and goes into a closed state. While erasing the chip is in the range of 10 - 30 minutes.

The number of write cycles - erasing chips is in the range from 10 to 100 times, after which the chip fails. This is due to the corrosive effect of ultraviolet radiation. These chips often stored in the BIOS purpose computers. I>

Different angles of illumination can be considered multilevel routes tracks.

Microelectronics, and what to say.
Thank you.

Source: habrahabr.ru/post/214475/

Tags

See also

New and interesting