Mad sovereigns

History is known, is repeated. And the authorities punctually are people "out of his mind." Here is the 25 most insane rulers in history - from King George to Caligula.

Emperor Justin II

Byzantine Emperor Justin (reigned from 565 to 576) began to go crazy at the end of his reign. He had to take the palace in a wheelchair, that while he rushed to the servants, and it is rumored that some of them have even eaten.

Ibrahim, ruler of the Ottoman Empire

We know that the Ottoman Sultan was obsessed corpulent ladies and ordered to seek out the largest, which only can be found. He ordered to drown in the ocean of his 280 concubines, when he learned that they slept with other men. In addition, he used to feed the fish in the pond coins near the palace.

Mad Charles VI, King of France

Before you lose the reason, he was known as Charles the Beloved, and only later became Charles the Mad. Somehow Carl executed his knights only due to the fact that one of them dropped his spear. Also, the king refused to bathe and for a long time considered himself made out of glass.

Eric XIV Breakfast

Known for his paranoia, he could only execute people because they laughed in his presence. For a while he thought of himself as his own brother. In the end, he was poisoned.

Princess Alexandra Amalie Bavarian

For some reason she was convinced that a child swallowed a glass piano. She also had an obsession with cleanliness, and she wore only white.

Ferdinand I, Emperor of Austria

Conceived as a result of incest emperor suffered from epilepsy, encephalitis, and said little. It is said that his favorite words were "I am the Emperor, and I want pudding!»

Zhu Houchzhao (Zhengde), Chinese emperor

The Chinese emperor from the early 16th century known for being arranged in the garden of the game "fun", which made part of the court.

Farouk I, king of Egypt

The last ruling King Farouk of Egypt became known as "the stomach with his head" when its weight exceeded 136 kg. However, what was really strange was his kleptomania. Once he even stole a watch from Winston Churchill. But most of all he was "famous" that day to shoot all the lions in the zoo because of their nightmares.

Frederick William I, King of Prussia

Famous for its attachment to the military, Frederick was obsessed with the idea of ​​creating the largest in the history of military formation. Under the "largest" means formation, "consisting of unusually tall people." There is evidence that he even forced the tall men and women to enter into communication in order to obtain offspring grew.

Qin Shi Huang Di, the Chinese emperor

This ruler was so afraid of assassination that never slept in the same place twice. And he was afraid, not only of people, but also, apparently, giant sea monsters.

Juan I, Queen of Spain

Queen Juana, also known as Mad Juana, was very afraid of her husband's infidelity. So much so that even after his death did not allow any women, including nuns, closer to his corpse.

Ludwig II of Bavaria

It was very shy and did not show much interest in the administration of the state. Instead, he preferred to build fabulous castles.

Ivan IV

Known as Ivan the Terrible, he was at an early age experienced severe shock at the loss of his parents and humiliation on the part of the authorities. At age 14, the king came to power in Russia, followed by a pack of dogs fed Rada. He did not stop there, and went on killing and torturing many others.

Mary Eleanor Brandenburg

Queen so desperately wanted a son that went mad when, finally gave birth to a daughter. And although the king was happy birth of their daughter, Maria tried many times to kill her. Daughter miraculously survived.

Fyodor I Ivanovich, Russian Tsar

Also known as Theodore ringer. After the death of his daughter two years he became a wandering all over Russia, calling in every church bell that caught him on the way.

Mary I, Queen of Portugal

After the death of her husband, son and daughter, Mary lost her mind. She could scream into the night, and liked to wear children's clothes.

Otto I (King of Bavaria)

This monarch had to change on the throne of his useless brother of Ludwig II, as turned out to be even worse, since suffered from stuttering and breaking everything, wherever he went. Recent theories claim that rumors of madness brothers were greatly exaggerated, so that they were easier to dethrone.

Christian VII, King of Denmark

Although officially the king was a Christian, in fact, a country ruled by his advisers. He was mentally ill, suffering from paranoia, causing currently injured, and was extremely promiscuous in relationships with women.

Charles II, King of Spain

Born as a result of the horrible incest, Carlos II, the birth suffered from such severe deformities that could not even close his mouth to chew. Although he was to be king, his mother had to reign in his stead. All his life he believed that he was bewitched.

Alfonso VI, king of Portugal

Due to illness, transferred in his youth, the monarch was partially paralyzed on the left side. When he grew up, it became famous as a crazy Portuguese king-guzzler and, like many other kings in this list, ended up in prison. It was rumored that in the place where it hovered for a long time, there was a pothole.

Charles IX, king of France

He was called the King of snotty. He was prone to fits of rage and sadism, though reputed sissy.

Henry VI, king of England

This ruler suffered from bipolar disorder so strong that his wife had to take the reins. Henry often fell into a prolonged breakdowns and completely ceased to be aware of what is happening around him.

George III, King of Great Britain

Fame as one of the craziest of the rulers in the history of George, probably owes films that about him removed. Like Charles IX, he also found himself behind bars, and his only legacy, in addition to mental disorder, was the loss of the American colonies.

Caligula, the Roman emperor

Undoubtedly, the most insane ruler of all time. It is said that one day he ordered the execution of the whole family. He began with a husband and wife, and then took up the children, until he came to the youngest, 12-year-old girl. The poor girl was crying, and the indignant crowd begged her to spare, because she was a virgin. With a smile, he ordered the executioner to rape her and then kill.

Tags

See also

New and interesting