Another Brazil. In the depths of the jungle

Photos residents tribe living on the banks of the Amazon, surrounded by thick forests, roaring waterfalls and tropical animals.
This vanishing tribe Dessau, whose members live in the 3,000 km from the famous beaches of Rio de Janeiro. Get to their habitats only by boat from the city of Manaus, where this year's World Championship World Cup.

30-year-old photographer David Lazar filmed several very vivid characters: for example, a boy with amazing green eyes, tribal chiefs in colorful hats, kids playing on the flute, colorful macaws.
Mr. Lazar has done most of his photos in the village Dessau, but also he was thousands of miles south to the Iguazu Falls near the border with Argentina. "I was getting on the boat to the village to see the tribe, whose members still honor their traditions».

"These people were very peaceful and friendly. In the tribal chief's face was decked out in traditional colors on his head was a feather headdress and his smile expressed kindness and happiness,
carefree children playing in the woods with each other. Hats with feathers guys is macaw feathers, they are used to distinguish between different groups within the tribe. "The photographer hopes that with the help of his pictures people can see another Brazil.

"This is such a great wonderful country," he says. "Cities and beaches of Brazil, of course, delicious, but people need to know about the other Brazil. A thousand miles from Dessau have another amazing place- Iguazu Falls. According to legend, God wanted to marry a beautiful woman named NAIP. When he saw her floating with his mortal lover in a canoe Taroboy God in anger divided the river into two parts, and they formed several waterfalls. »
Mr. Lazar said that he was also in Bangladesh, Kenya, and south-east Asia and in general he likes to be in places that defy time.

"I like the fact that does not reflect the modern world, like to shoot something that looks just like a hundred years ago." - Says the photographer. & Quot; I think it's interesting, it's very different from my normal life in Australia and I love to take pictures of places that most people have not even heard. I especially love to shoot portraits, which depict people with these strong emotions. Mr. Lazar says that he manages to find a common language with the members of the tribes because of his smile and friendly spirit, as well as sign language.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk

Tags

See also

New and interesting