Auction.

- ABOUT! I'm all impatient! They say you can buy anything! ..
 - Yes Yes! You know, my second cousin told me that a friend of his nephew ...
 - Lovely! How is everything is nice and well thought out ...
 - And have you been before? The first time I ...
 - This chair is not busy? Kish! Kish, come here, it's not a busy man, and we give way to a nearby chair ...
 - Do you think it was worth to come? ..
 - Let's see ...

The roar of voices in a small room, dimly lit and dusty furniture sparingly furnished, gradually died down. Came to the auction were a very motley crowd, united, however, one feature - everyone in the depths of his eyes a glimmer of hope. Small, modest, shy or insanely desperate, like a sunbeam, she rushed down the hall, forcing ignore inconsistencies pin their hopes and miserable situation ...

- That's foolish! - He laughed bitterly - For what they pay? You would think that they then offer achievements! ... He nervously adjusted his bow tie.
Every time, every second Thursday of every even month he came out of the little back room through the shabby door in the most boring room, proudly called the Hall of Dreams, and well-trained voice, he is not particularly listening to what he says, read out the list ...

- Ladies and Gentlemen! Respected audience! ... (He said it was the greeting gives melodrama, he himself each time presented himself at the circus ... Is not it funny - adult, respectable people who have lived for half a lifetime, suddenly came here ... if it's true they might have something to give as if this is not just an empty phrase ... why they believe and why, when they leave, in their eyes, as if the lights are lit? confusing ... but oh well ... it a good idea for this work pay ...)
 - Ladies and Gentlemen! We start our auctions! Offer first - "Dream of the sky!" ... (... What a stupid ... why are dreaming about him? And even pay for it ... DELAY head-and see how much you want ... so no, Give them the Dream of the sky, as if it all makes sense ...)
 - Offer the eighth! "Dream of a foggy morning at the beach, on the steps of the veranda of a wooden house with a cup of hot cocoa in hand!" Additional offer - a blanket of angora wool and the smell of freshly baked muffins! ... (... Nightmare ... who can do this want to? .. Sit on the wet porch and staring into the mist ...)
 - Offer the twenty-fourth! "The dream of a journey to the North Pole!" ... (... Hmm ... yeah ... there is not even attached skiing, but still have, it is necessary - seven comers, torn with the hands, why should they ??? ...)
 - Offer the sixty-seventh! "The dream of the presence of my mother in the hall at the school play ..." (... damn ... already choked ... here there are no children, to whom it is? .. Yeah, after some hesitation takes bald type of indeterminate age, dressed in shabby ... well, yes, and that he remains, this is the last item on today ... he would do with it? ... no idea ...)
 - Ladies and Gentlemen! Today, our auction is over!

... More away, go away, until barred the way to a small shabby door, began to give thanks; He hates this point, feels uncomfortable, as if he was mistaken for a celebrity ... how it is absurd ... stupid remove butterfly and hurry to get home, even if there is no one waiting, but quiet and peaceful, and no questions ...

- Hi! - It seemed particularly easy and smiled mischievously.
He startled ... Strange ... never met anyone in the alley, leaving the back door ... Jesus ... Who is it ??? What big eyes, it seems the whole hundred imps at them closely ... brilliant yellow raincoat, flirty silk scarf ... Her autumn reflected in a puddle as if just fallen from a maple leaf ... breath ...
 - Who are you ???
 - I? Your dream )))

Tags

See also

New and interesting