Post-Soviet architecture through the eyes of Frank Herforta

The famous German photographer Frank Herfort made a series of photographs dedicated to the post-Soviet architecture. He shot skyscrapers from Moscow to Blagoveshchensk, which is located next to the old houses, rusted cars and other flavor of modern post-Soviet territory. Do you like modern, post-Soviet architecture? Do not you think that it often spoils of the city, changing their faces in some kitsch, soulless way? I sometimes see the building, bright, with columns, hung with excesses, as the face of a woman who abuses cosmetics. And remember the legend about Luzhkov, who allegedly took the central projects of all buildings.

Very well written Gregory Revzin- architecture critic in his book "The Great Twenty»:
"The post-Soviet architecture lasts twenty years. It's a lot. For twenty years, we began and ended Nouveau, Neoclassicism, Constructivism, Stalinist architecture - there is something to compare. The history of this architecture - the story of the twenty main characters »

In the year in Russia there is about two thousand people with a diploma architect generation - twenty years, about forty thousand people, and in the end - twenty pieces. The odds - one to two thousand, only worse poets.
What was it? With over twenty years did twenty characters? In 2008, when I was doing an exhibition of "chess game" at the Venice Biennale, Andrei Bokov Alexander Skokan and Eugene Asse with varying degrees of sharpness criticized me for opposing the idea of ​​Russian and Western schools. "Architect - they said - International profession, it does not matter what his nationality, and that he has brought to today's global architecture." Well, what we have there?
Grigory Revzin - architecture critic

Frank studied in Hamburg from 2006 to 2011 was in Russia and currently works in Berlin and Moscow.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting