Facebook helped find a lonely boy and a half million friends

The American created a Facebook page to the birthday of her son that he could appear a lot of friends from different countries.

Ten Colin from Michigan will receive a birthday page on Facebook c more than 1, 6 million subscribers. An unusual gift for Colin made his mom Jennifer Cunningham, contact the person in a social network to support her son, suffering from Asperger's disorder.

In early February, Colin Jennifer asked, as if he wanted to celebrate his birthday, and heard in reply that it does not matter, because he has no friends. Then she decided to ask for help from users of Facebook.

I created this page for my wonderful, wonderful, difficult son, who turns 11 on March 9 years. Because disability Colin social skills is not so easy for him and the other kids do not like him. I thought, if I create a page where people could write to him positive thoughts and words of encouragement? That would be better than any party.
Jennifer Cunningham

For ten days, the number of subscribers exceeded one million pages and continues to grow. Jennifer received several hundreds of greeting cards in the name of his son.
Colin finds out about this only on his birthday, although his mother admitted that her "dying to tell him about the thousands of people around the world who know him by nameĀ».

--img5--

Asperger Syndrome cchitaetsya one of the five common developmental disorders characterized by severe clumsiness and difficulties in social interaction, which is why it is often compared with autism.

--img6--

Source: tjournal.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting