10 facts about Lyupite Nyong'o

After the release of the film "12 Years a Slave" Lupita Nyong'o woke up famous. She snapped: Actress giving interviews, shooting for magazines, grandiose plans for the future. And now we know everything about Lyupite. Well, almost everything.

1. Lupita grew up in Kenya, although born in Mexico. Mexico left the actress with her parents when she was just a year, but returned to the achievement of the 16th anniversary. It Lupita in Mexico to learn Spanish and made the first steps in his career.

2. Lupita was one of four muses of a new advertising campaign Miu Miu. Together with her photo shoot vpromo-spring-summer collection was attended by Elle Fanning, Elizabeth Olsen and Bella Heathcote.

3. Lupita - an independent director. In 2009, she became a writer, director and producer of the documentary, the problems of albinos in Kenya. Feature film about the life of eight Kenyans, who, because of the lack of dark pigmentation become social outcasts.

4. Lupita was the main contender for the statuette "Oscar" this year. Critics predict that its victory in the category "Best Supporting Actress" for his work in the film "12 years of slavery».

5. As a role model Lupita has chosen the image of the actress Whoopi Goldberg.

"I like to Whoopi. We have the same hair and we're both dark-skinned. When I was growing up, I did not have examples on television, because in Kenya, conducted mainly American translation, and not local ».

6. Lupita studied drama at Yale.

7. Family Lupita quite famous. Father Nyong'o - a very famous politician in Kenya, and her cousin Madison Isis Nyong'o engaged in public relations and advertising leading Kenyan mobile operator and goes to the top 20 most successful young women in Africa, according to Forbes.

8. Lupita - a fan of Michael Jackson. The actress admits that the King of Pop was her main source of inspiration in his childhood.

9. Favorite Movie Lupita - picture of a dark-skinned woman director Casey Lemmons' Eve Holt. "

10. At the beginning of March we will see in the new picture Lupita French director Jaume Serra Kolet "Non-Stop". In this thriller Nyong'o made Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore and Michelle Dockery.

Tags

See also

New and interesting