Journals 45th

He writes samsebeskazal: Bought at a flea market a few old American magazines published in 1945. Release LIFE February and three rooms TIME. Price $ 3 per item still surprised. I can not get used to that junk is just junk and it costs respectively. A cursory view of magazines left quite unusual sensations. It is one thing to study history from books, TV or the Internet, and the other to touch it with their hands. I, for instance, very surprised by the number of advertising in the magazines of the time. That is, by today's standards it is quite normal, but somehow strange to see an article about the attack on Berlin and the heroic Marshal Zhukov interspersed with advertising Swiss watches and canned ham. The May issue of TIME is not victorious. Theme rooms victory in Europe, and the war is still going on. Still a lot of advertising in publications that by today's standards do not understand why advertising - such as light bulbs, foil or cooking gas. Well, advertising itself is quite interesting. Drawing, style, presentation of the material. Some things really surprised.

Left advertisement insurance company. Right an article dedicated to Russian offensive on Berlin.

Two are dedicated to turning stages in the rise of Hitler. He at that time was still alive.

Article about Zhukova - the best general of Stalin, the defenders of Stalingrad and Moscow.

The attack, the offensive, but advertising has not been canceled.

Queue for cigarettes in New York. Give two packs up.

An article about the problems with the feet of the soldiers.

Illustration to an article about the boom in real estate in Florida.

Real estate prices.

Further advertising. Most painted. Virtually every military themes or used, or call to buy war bonds.

It is interesting that on advertising automobile companies are no cars.

Pontiac.

Advertise dog food. For some reason I thought that it came later.

Advertising perfume photo.

I thought at first that the shampoo, but turned out to Kodak.

Uncle Sam.

Soap Palmolive.

FM radio.

Ethyl Gasoline Corporation of.

Red Goose Shoes.

Workwear by Lee.

Advertising of domestic gas.

Batteries.

Coca-Cola.

Parker left handle. On the right tire.

Advertising Longines watches.

Trucks Dodge.

Studebaker trucks in service in the Red Army.

Advertising RCA technology transfer photos etc. radio.

Advertising light.

Cadillac.

Tires.

Oils and lubricants Texaco.

Unexpected for a 45-year advertising - "We look for a slogan." It seemed to me that in those days she was very conservative. But it turns out that has already begun to emerge advertising creative.

Another timeless children's drawings.

Advertising military loan.

Douglas Aircraft.

Freedom and white bread. Advertising company produces packaging for the products.

American eirlayns.

Toothbrushes.

Belts Good Year.

Manufacturer of plastic and aluminum cans.

Cars Pullman-Standard.

Plastic cups.

Refrigerators and air conditioners York.

The company manufactures bearings.

Aluminum foil.

Advertising telephone company Bell, calling line does not take more than 5 minutes for long distance calls.

Trucks White.

Women Chesterfield cigarettes.

Source: samsebeskazal.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting