Shad TChUP Ling in the Urals

Writes traveler and blogger Sergey Dolya: On one of the peaks of the Northern Urals, the mountain Kachkanar, is the only one in the Sverdlovsk region Buddhist monastery Shad TChUP Ling. Amazingly beautiful place, especially zimoy.Ot route to a Buddhist complex had to walk 6 kilometers on foot. At first, I strained it, but then I figured that I will go the usual rate of little over an hour. Well, nothing, I thought, for a walk in the cold. And then it turned out that the monastery is located at 600 meters - is already strained more, but it was too late to refuse ...

"Ascent" to the monastery of the village began to Kasyan. That track is for those wishing to visit the monastery:

In the beginning I saw a path not of the snowmobile, not by car. Later I learned that this marks toboggans: at the monastery have dogs, which novices climb the mountain products and various household goods. Locals sometimes leave something in the snow, and then the guys pick it up on the way.

With me were a few people, including Lamu dokshity, abbot Shad TChUP Ling. He was returning from Yekaterinburg, where the treated teeth. The whole company rose quite briskly, and, soon, we are lagging behind. Rather, I am. Firstly, it was very difficult to walk, and secondly, not used to the cold, and I quickly tired. Six kilometers were given three hours, and we arrived after dark. Well, that Lama was there and stayed with me when I ran out of steam.

Often the meetings with the readers ask me whether you have a dangerous situation in life? Who can say for sure, one of which occurred in the evening on the mountain. The road went up at each end of the assembly path, I fell into the snow to their knees, each movement was difficult. In the end I thought steps: fifty paces - break fifty paces - a break.

- That's the same stupid situation - I said, falling to his knees after we went somewhere 2/3 route - yesterday ran with the torch through the city, living in a hotel, and now barely walk is not clear where the guys with whom I met by chance on the internet. It will be foolish to die here, but the will so long ago was collected in a fist, but the strength of it is no longer felt. I wanted to fall exhausted and freezing, as even the MOE did not have time to help:

However, due to the Lama and his support I reached the top. Before the evening I had some illusions on the subject of mountain climbing, for example, I even thought of Kilimanjaro, but now I'm completely sure - from the mountains and I got all my time to tie them. (I am sure that every third comment is that I have to go to the gym and eat less):

Now a few words about how there was this monastery.

Lama Dokshit (is back) - a former military man. His teacher - Darma Dodi Zhalsaraev - lived in Buryatia. One teacher had a beautiful monastery on the hill called Kachkanar. In the morning he called Lamu dokshity and talked about his dream. They began to look for the mountain with the same name and found it in 5500 kilometers from Buryatia in the center of the Urals. There Dokshit Lama and started to build the monastery in 1995.

Currently, the monastery is ready for 30 per cent (in line with that seen Darma Dodi Zhalsaraev):

This is an impressive complex of buildings, however, in the winter most of them are not heated. In the absence of electricity (there is a petrol generator) in order to save fuel heat only three rooms. The main room is the day, the temple where novices have practice before the altar, during a meal here will wear the tables, and at night it becomes a bedroom:

Pull your feet in toward the altar can not be, so everyone tried to get back to him:

Now the monastery seven novices apart Lama, who are practitioners working on the farm and perform different vows. Someone lives for the fourth year, someone came here a month ago:

Otogrevshis, he rallied and went to photograph the forest. The room was very hot - degrees, probably 35 - why lenses misting instantly. On my Shirikov condensation forms inside the lens (seen on oiled halo lamps in the center of the frame), so to the end of your stay, I took off on the 24-70:

As I said, our "bedroom" was also the main altar of the monastery bathroom (sleeping head to the altar). I could not sleep at a density of neighbors:

The next day, he met with the inhabitants closer and life Shad TChUP Ling.

Every day in the convent is assigned to duty. He wakes up before anyone else, melt furnace, cooks and cleans the table. The table, I must say, is quite meager - the guys are content to serve local residents and tourists bring:

On the plate are constantly kettle with tea. The white - black tea, the rest green. With such cold weather hot water warms the fine, his drink continually:

Anya - one of the novices. Good knowledge of English and guided tours for all tourists. As befits a monk shaves his head:

Before breakfast give novices during practice:

Since water is another story. Creek or source on the mountain there. In summer, kids collect rainwater in the winter - a special pick of pit-pit:

Monastic buildings:

Here contain animals - dog, cow, goat:

Cow in the monastery of the first winter. The stock of hay, which in theory should be enough until the spring is over now. The boys are now scratching their heads how to feed a cow:

The foundation for a future Buddha statues:

Banya. Stoke twice a week:

With baths offering the best view on the foot of the mountain:

The remains of the car - on the farm will fit all:

This stand of the monastery welcomes visitors. On it were written the rules of conduct, have drums with prayers and bell-Up:

In fact, most of what it has built one Dokshit Lama - novices and friends joined the monastery later:

If you look closely, as the insulation of buildings using urban advertising banners. By the way, the most valuable gift that can make a visit to the monastery - to bring gasoline and professional assembly foam. Only it protects from blowing off buildings in such frosts:

Meanwhile, down on duty troops outfitted with dogs to pick stocks:

In Soviet times, it was the norm, one sled dog may drag myself to 30 kg of weight. However, since then all the way dogs run up the hill, the load is reduced by half. In the monastery, 11 dogs and 2 sleds (big - 7 dogs and small - 4):

Lathe. It weighs a half ton: to drag him to the mountain, boys dismantled his cogs and raised parts. In the process of transporting one part somewhere lost and now the machine is in working order:

In the distance one can see the development of metal ore. Earlier this place was a mountain that EVRAZ sryli cleaned:

Today the miners matched to the mountain on which stands the monastery. Lama with students constantly fighting and suing the company, explaining that it is a holy place. This situation has reminded me of the story of Avatar when people came and they did not care that it is a holy place for the locals. They are interested only in mineral resources, which were under their homes:

Finally, it's time to go back to the village:

I agreed to come down on the way back to the snowmobile (at night it came to one of the guys in our company). Man detained in the monastery, and I decided to go all walk, and then sit down on the road:

Ironically, going down was much easier. I even decided not to go, and walk all. An hour later, with a little, we were already in the village:

I saved on the memory track route to the monastery. Though without it, I will remember this trip for a long time. By the way, I do not understand why ekaterinburzhskie dzhipery still do not visit this place. The rise can be an interesting pokatushki weekend off-road. In winter, they are unlikely to zaedut, and in summer it is able to. So far, the car arrives at the convent only one time in history and it was a UAZ.

If you go, do not forget gifts for the monastery - gasoline, mounting foam, Prima cigarettes, hay for the cow, any products, etc.

Source: sergeydolya.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting