Alexander Suvorov

Alexander Suvorov - a skinny man with a nondescript exterior, but a visionary and a fine mind, let yourself antics that could be considered for insanity - the world's only military leader who did not lose a single battle, and the holder of all Russian orders of his time, is awarded to men . It was the sword of Russia, the scourge of the Turks, and Polyakov thunderstorm. Today - the story of the little-known facts from the life of the great Russian commander.

Suvorov Military began at the insistence of the great-grandfather of Pushkin

As a child, Alexander Suvorov was a weak and sickly child, and, apparently, he was destined to civilian future. But in those years, the future general showed an interest in military affairs. To serve in the young Alexander Semenov regiment hit the counsel and advice of Pushkin's great-grandfather Abram Hannibal. It was he who persuaded the father of Alexander Suvorov cede inclinations son.

It is said that the promotion of the ladder of a military career was not easy for Suvorov. The officer he was only 25 years old, and a colonel "stuck" for six years. Rank Major General Suvorov was after the war with Poland in 1770, the rank of Field Marshal fan of Catherine II in 1795. In his 1799 to the end of the Italian campaign of Paul I awarded the title of Generalissimo Alexander Suvorov and ordered to the commander were given the same honors as monarchs even in the presence of the emperor himself. Suvorov, standing fourth in the history of Russian generalissimo, exclaimed: "God have mercy, mercy is great, great rite, he will press me! Without me to live ».

Suvorov deduced from the Alps in 2778 French soldiers and officers

The Swiss campaign of the Russian army, coming from the environment without ammunition and food, to break all the troops on their way, lost about 5,000 people (about 1/4 of the whole army), many of whom died in the mountain passes. But the loss of the French army, which exceeded the number of Russian, was more a factor of 3-4. In addition, the Russian army was taken prisoner in 2778 French officers and soldiers, more than half of which Suvorov was able to feed and withdraw from the Alps, which was further evidence of his great feat.

Suvorov Monument in the Swiss Alps.

Suvorov was going to go to a monastery

In favor Alexander was at the beginning of the reign of Paul I. In order for the introduction of a new Russian military uniforms Suvorov reacted remark: "Powder not gunpowder, curls are not guns, not spit sword: I am not a German, and the natural hare!". And this is only one known unflattering public statements to the commander of the emperor.

February 17, 1797 Suvorov imperial order was dismissed, denying the right to wear the uniform. In the spring, he went to his estate near the town of Kobrin (Belarus), and later he was banished in the Novgorod Region. If it was only his adjutant Friedrich Anting. Suvorov was not allowed to travel further than 10 km from the village, all reported to its visitors and to censor mail.

In fairness it should be noted that Paul I tried several times to reconcile with Suvorov. But the commander-exile said the courier who delivered a letter from the Emperor, he was not allowed to correspond. In order to appear in the capital of Emperor commander he asked permission to leave the king monk in Nilov deserts.

Return Surova still held. Paul I wrote to him: "Count Alexander! Now we have no time to pay. Blame God will forgive "and called back. When harsh returned to St. Petersburg, Paul put his own hand on the chain of the Order of St. John of the graph of Jerusalem and a large sign of the cross. "God save the king!" - Said Suvorov, what Paul I said, "You save kings».

N.A.Shabunin. Departure from the village of Suvorov Konchanskoye a campaign in 1799 (State Memorial Museum of Alexander Suvorov).

Suvorov lived in the house disabled soldiers

Suvorov always helped officers are in hardship, and was merciful to the poor. Before Easter he secretly sent to the prison at 1000 rubles to buy debtors. Suvorov always lived in a house a few elderly villagers or disabled soldiers. Preserved written orders Suvorov, one of which reads: "Wheel-old soldier now in Konchanskoe 6 people. Salaries them from me 10 rubles a year. The dress of a simple cloth weather. Food is no ordinary luxury ... If these elders wish to work from idle land, and pay the judges, but not otherwise than by their own will. "

House Estate in Kobrin Suvorov (Belarus)

Suvorov presented the gold medal valet Proshko

When the Austrian emperor did attempt to return Alexander Suvorov to the command of the Austrian army, he began actively handing out awards. He sent two tapes of the Military Order of Maria Theresa, the chain of the Military Order of Saint Lazarus and Mauritius, two awards at the neck, a lot of orders in the buttonhole to Suvorov ordered them at its discretion. Suvorov is virtually none of the distinguished in hostilities is not awarded. Rain awards he unleashed the accompanying army officials and relatives. Gold medal around his neck, which was sealed by the profile of the Sardinian king, Suvorov was awarded his valet Proshka. So Alexander commended award from the treacherous allies.

Alexander Suvorov Monument in the city of Izmail

Suvorov asked to knock on his grave only three words

Returning from the Swiss campaign Suvorov was in town Neytingen, where he visited the tomb of the Austrian Field Marshal Laudon. Reading lush, wordy praises glorifying Loudon, he said: "Why such a long inscription? I will write on my tomb only three words "Here lies Suvorov". Will the commander was broken. On his grave put a plate with a long inscription: "Generalissimo, Prince of Italy, Count Alexander Suvorov-Rymniksky, born in 1729, January 13th, 1800 died, May 6 days."

Only 50 years after the death of his grandson Suvorov, Alexander Abramovich, who associates his grandfather told of his last will, after much trouble was able to fulfill the will of his grandfather. The inscription on the grave replaced short, in three words: "Here lezhit Suvorov».

One dream Alexander Suvorov still remained not executed - he wanted to come together in a battle with the army of Napoleon, but did not.

Tomb of Alexander Suvorov in the Alexander Nevsky Monastery.

Source: www.kulturologia.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting