"Punishment"

Have you ever thought about the fact that the statutory penalty for a crime committed in its essence is the defense of a criminal mob?

I propose to read a pretty interesting story on this topic I propose to read a pretty interesting story on this topic

- Michael. You can simply Misha - introduced Sergeyev. Face to face for the first time we met.
I remember what it was a year ago, not a handsome man, of course, but at least the person looked like. Now things have changed. The time spent in jail, he did not get the benefit. Cheeks fell, his shoulders hunched, his knuckles on the fingers strayed. And, most importantly, eyes. Spark in them, whether that faded.
We sat down at the table. The guard looked askance us - his presence was essential, otherwise I would not have to talk to Sergeyev. And to talk about what it was.

About two years ago, eighteen major to "Toyota", fairly distribute viskarёm before, knocked down two men. Knocked down to death. A woman and a three-year girl. Sergeyev's wife and daughter. Was the court: lawyer zealous prosecutor did not prevent the judge a couple of times clicked hammer - suspended for four years. Then there was an appeal, one more, and more, but the first decision to remain unchanged and the major remained at large. But not for long. They found him shot dead on the doorstep of his apartment that his age gave generous dad. Sergeyev even deny it tried. Those who detained him, said that the apartment door was open Sergeyev, and the owner himself quietly in the kitchen drinking vodka. On the table lay a gun. And again there was a trial. Eight years.
When Sergeev out, it will be thirty-two years. This, of course, if released yet.

I remember how surprised I was calm with which Sergeev listened to his sentence.
And now I'm supposed to see a desperate man, but no. Sergeev looked at me steadily. Only eyes. Eyes without sparkle.
 - Do you think you handed down a verdict fair? - I asked.
 - Why not, then? - Mouthed smile Sergeyev. - I still killed a man. Six to pyatnadtsati.Eto I was lucky more.
 - Well, this is preceded by a special event.
 - Special Events? - Thought Sergeyev. - Well it's the law, then what special events may be? Break the law, you are welcome at the camera.
 - But before Piskareva, Vanya Piskareva well ... - I hesitated a little, but did not escape me that Sergeev averted his eyes for a second, when I called the name of the man who killed his family. - His sentence you consider fair?
 - So I'm here because that is just his sentence, I just did not find it. What is the verdict? So, some joke.
 - Do you think he otmazatsya from the court?
 - From the ships - yes - firmly said Sergeyev.
 - And to you, therefore, no? - I looked into his eyes. Eyes without sparkle.
Sergeyev said nothing.
 - Can? - He slowly reached for a pack of cigarettes, specially laid out by me on the table.
 - Sure, help yourself.
 - Thank you.
I helped him light it.
 - Some folks - Sergeyev starts. - To break the law, trying to buy off the court, to escape justice. They think that the law - their main problem. They do not understand that the law is on their side. The law is designed to protect them from the mob. Not trying to be this kid otmazatsya, would receive his sentence, I would have resigned. To my troubles I am not solved, my family would not come back, but I would have resigned. That is life. But Piskarev decided to abandon the service of justice, thus leaving me the right to decide the measure of his punishment. I took his life. In my opinion, this is true.
 - Then why did you get the money? - I asked.
 - Money? - Started Sergeyev. - What money?
 - The money that gave you Piskarev Sr., the father of Vanya, why do you have?
 - So you know about it? - He looked at me in surprise Sergeev.
I knew, but never, or look, or gesture, did not answer his question. However, Sergeev, it seems, and so understood. It is a minute or two interested treated me, my face, and I looked at him, looked like his eyes again filled with joy. Life or something.
 - And I have the money, - said finally Sergeyev. - The gun bought.
Having said this, he stretched his lips into a wide smile. His eyes were a little moist and glistening. After a moment, he began to laugh, and after another - in full laughed. The guard has withdrawn Sergeeva, but even from the hallway I could hear his laugh.

I still just sitting at a table in the visiting room and thought about how bizarre way, I killed his own son. I put weapons into the hands of his killers. But even this is not important. Sergeyev did what I had to make myself a long time ago - Vanya punished. And I punish me.

--img2--

Source: pikabu.ru

Tags

See also

New and interesting