In Memory of Patrick Swayze

It has been exactly two years since the death of one of my favorite actors, Patrick Swayze.

"In Patrick was a rare combination of brute masculinity and amazing subtlety. He was a great and strong, a real cowboy with a tender heart. He was fearless and insisted on always to do all their own stunts. No wonder he is so bravely and with dignity struggled with cancer. " Jennifer Grey, the partner in the film "Dirty Dancing».

You could say that Patrick was born in the "ballet slippers" because his mother was a renowned choreographer and owner of a ballet school. He began to dance from an early age, and later he finished two ballet schools. Catching up dancing, he also excelled both academically and in football, and swimming, and even martial arts. During the school when he suffered a serious knee injury, the injury cost him a career of ballet dancer. Injury manifested itself in the midst of his career in ballet, he just had to dance with Mikhail Baryshnikov, when required surgery. After the operation, the road was closed to the ballet.

After retiring from professional ballet, Patrick continued to dance and even became one of the leading dancers in the prestigious troupe «Elliot Feld Dance Company». At the same time, he began taking acting lessons. But it will take seven years before he got the part, make it known to the whole world, "Dirty Dancing." The picture at the very beginning was seen as a low-budget film. But for him it was not just a movie, where he was to play a major role in it, he was still dancing, and dancing for all he had in his life. By the way, the scene where they crawl to each other on the floor was not planned, they just fooling around, and they dance in the love scene was they dance with the screen test, and did not plan to be in the film, but these scenes was destined to become one of the best scenes in the film.

Then he was released film "Ghost," which I still can not watch millions of times, including "Dirty Dancing." And Whoopi him more and won an Oscar, though for supporting actress.

Then, once the film is already out "Point Break" with Keanu Reeves, the director has, by the way, Kathryn Bigelow.

Then he had many more movies: City of Joy, Father Hood, black dog, To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything !, Letters killer Donnie Darko ...

In the movie "Letters from a Killer" in the chase scene, the car is turned to Patrick, he instantly gets out of the car, pulling out while the operator stuck in the car, and saving them both from the explosion.

Unfortunately, none of the directors did not want to take it off as a dancer. Therefore, he and his wife Lisa Niemi in the movie "The Last Dance", Lisa was the director and the main actress. Lisa They lived 39 years together, they met when she was 15 and he 19, she was in the same ballet school, which he did. Children they did not have.

Patrick and Lisa during their studies at the ballet school))))

Their wedding))))

Young youth))))

Patrick and Lisa dance. 1994

Patrick also wrote and performed songs. His song "She's like the wind" soundtrack to the film "Dirty Dancing", is considered one of the best slow songs.

In 2008, Patrick learned that he had cancer of the pancreas. He underwent radical chemotherapy, he lost 8 kg in a few weeks and was sitting only a liquid diet. In early 2009 he was hospitalized with pneumonia. And on September 14 he was gone. I did not want to expose his pictures at the time, and his burial. I want to remember it completely different.

"If I were to leave this earth, I want to be sure that I leave her something worthwhile. And that's what makes me the desire to go up in the morning and work until exhaustion. My job - my legacy. " Patrick

He was a great actor, he get used to any role and played it brilliantly. He continued to work, even when he was already ill. He was just a wonderful person.

Tags

See also

New and interesting