Promising Artists

Rating «Sound of 2012" is an anniversary, is the tenth. Its purpose - to tell the world about the new, not yet bored ear performer who has a great future. Every year the BBC asks prominent representatives of the industry (this year there were 180) - producers, DJs, music critics, broadcasters, editors and bloggers to name three popular favorite singers from all over the country, performing in any musical genre. Based on their preferences and the list of. However, there are a number of limitations. To get to the top performers should not have single or album that has ever entered into hits 20 most successful in Britain. He must not already be known to the public (for example, their participation in any television talent show) or a party successful band to start a solo career.

Last year, first place in the list took the singer Jessie J, and her album «Who You Are» became the best-selling debut album in the UK, and later she was awarded the Brit Awards (the British equivalent of Grammy) in the category "Critics Choice". Earlier, the winner is such now global stars like Adele (2008), Mika (2007) and 50 Cent (2003).
I offer you a selection of the newcomers, which is worth paying attention, because it is quite possible they will dominate the music world in the coming year. And, perhaps, among them you randomly find their new favorite artist.

That's what organizers say about his ranking:
List certainly cause a debate, but most importantly, it will help people to discover the artists and musicians who are trying to stand out from the growing crowd each year, and it's always good.
Those performers, which you will see below, included in the so-called extended list. In early January, he will be reduced to just five people, one of whom will be the winner.

So, go directly to the cause.

1. A $ AP Rocky, 23-year-old rapper from Harlem (African-American neighborhood of New York), who a few months ago signed a record deal with Sony's $ 3 million, that says a lot about what it hopes to invest.

2. Azealia Banks, 20-year-old singer in the genre of electro-rap from New York. She graduated from the same school as Al Pacino. Violent temper and is known for such a daring young girl text full of foul language :)

3. Dot Rotten, uh B from South London. Supports the opening act for the popular rapper. Known world-class bits and emotional lyrics. It recognizes the impact on musicians such as Sting, Bob Marley and Lil Wayne.

4. Dry the River, a group of London, playing in the genre of Stealth Rock, which I heard for the first time and I can not comment on the way :) The musicians themselves describe their style as
"Gospel, performed post-punk band." They released the first full-length album in March.

5.Flux Pavilion, dubstep DJ from London. His single Bass Cannon hit the hits of the best songs in the UK 56th. And Jay Z and Kanye West used a sample of his track I can not stop for his album «Watch the throne» - one of the best albums of the year.

6.Frank Ocean, 24-year-old American author and performer of songs. Previously, he wrote songs for Beyonce, Pharrell Williams and Kanye West have already mentioned, and Jay Z, and is now closely engaged in a solo career. I think that will get in the top five.

7.Friends, artist from Brooklyn, New York. The participants worked together in a vegan restaurant. In the name of the famous series inspired not, and album of Beach Boys. I think it would be worth to come up with something more original. They describe their style as "pop strange».

8.Jamie N Commons, 22 years old, Britain (but lived for many years in Chicago that much). So far the most impressive. Smoky voice and songs that could perform Johnny Cash.

9. Lianne La Havas, 22-year-old singer from London. Wrote first song at age 11, he plays guitar and piano. Previously she worked as a backing vocalist, and now tours with Bon Iver.

10. Michael Kiwanuka, soul singer from London. Once a fan of Nirvana and Radiohead, he radically changed his preferences when he heard a rare recording Otis Redding Sitting On The Dock of the Bay. He toured with Adele. I think he too will enter the top five.

11. Niki And The Dove, pop duo from Sweden, whose members previously written music for the theater and met in 1999, but finally organized a creative union of only a year ago.

12. Ren Harvieu, 21-year-old British singer, which fails miserably all the talent contests as a child, and now works with the producer of Duffy and Amy Winehouse. For me personally boring.

13.Skrillex, I think the only person from the list that I had heard :) Until 2007 he was a soloist post-hardcore band From First To Last. Now his music is hardcore eg connecting and dubstep.

14. Spector, London group, the so-called new romance, stuffed his hand playing in clubs. The debut album is preparing to release in 2012.

15. Stooshe, the British girl-band, working in the genre of urban pop. The sound is great in my opinion. Very extravagant girl also did not mince words.

Tags

See also

New and interesting