Nan Kempner

The abundance of posts on the young and promising fashion-divah fashion today, I propose to recall the personalities included in the story, as its legislators. Thus, the legend of the New York fashion icon of style and luxury shopoman ... American muse of Yves Saint Laurent - Nan Kempner (1930-2005).

With the 19-year-old Nan did not miss practically any fashion season. She was not only friendly with renowned designers, they respected it - for the taste, the ability to appreciate and wear their work. Nan was a fashion editor at Harpers BazaarUS, correspondent for American VOGUE FR, konsultatnom design Tiffany & Co ...

Nan Kempner appeared in my eyes free, modern, elegant woman. She - the best I am wearing my clothes, and was the one with whom I have many years went hand in hand at this difficult and challenging road.
So she said about her Yves Saint Laurent. He was the first designer who acquired Nan elegant white muslin dress. Since then, Saint Laurent became her favorite, and she - his lovely muse for many years. 374 dress from one designer - is needed more proof of love?

But her femininity admired not only Saint Laurent. His colleagues on the shop floor, actors, politicians, secular party-goers - they all sought her company. After all, when the next real woman and a man feels differently.

Nan Kempner was always in great shape and very proud of his physique. She assured that does not sit on any diet, just the genes.

"Nan always look so great in my clothes, because her body is perfect, like a dummy," - said one of her Valentino.

His collection of designer clothes Nan Kempner collected 50 years.

It was not in 2005. Shortly afterwards, a posthumous exhibition of Nan Kempner's wardrobe, and in 2006 at Christie's auction sale is conducted for the benefit of charitable funds ...

"There is no such thing as an American glamor, there is only one exception - it is Nan Kempner»
Diana Vreeland

Photo: wmagazine.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting