Pacino Quotes

Al Pacino - the god of cinema. Each of his role, let it be even the most insignificant in terms of screen time, it is stored in the brain and eats like a musical beat. On it, you can write books, write poetry and take the transfer, but it is better to look at him. The film "The Godfather," "Scarface," "Devil's Advocate" and "Scent of a Woman" must see at least once in their life (believe me, the time spent is not sorry). Pacino has come a long way from the chef to the great actor (high level of craftsmanship has confirmed the authoritative magazine «Empire», the actor put on the fourth place in the ranking of the 100 greatest movie stars of all time), but he remained a man of genius and simple at the same time. Al is not averse to talk about his life in which he has seen a lot. His story, from early childhood to old age: Pacino have something to tell curious personas.

You know, what's the difference between playing on stage and play a movie? Play - is like walking a tightrope. On stage, the wire rope up high. Bryakneshsya so bryakneshsya really. In the movie, a rope lying on the floor.

Wherever I brought, I always appears as himself.
My parents separated when I was very young. I was the only child in the family, and lived in an apartment building in the South Bronx with his mother and grandparents. We barely make ends meet. So for me it was a real treat when I learned that from the packaging of oat flakes can be cut and get a coupon for it spurs Tom Mix. A cowboy Tom Mix was the star of westerns. He was known for wild, wild! The mere fact that the Spurs sent by post by post, making them something extraordinary. In general, we booked a spur. When my grandmother died, I was probably six years. I remember we got home from the funeral - and it turned out that the parcel arrived with spurs Tom Mix. I beamed. And then he remembered that the grandmother had just died. I so wanted to enjoy Spurs, but ... That day I learned that such internal conflict.

While his mother worked, she found the time to take me to the movies for each new film. And the next day, staying home alone, I played for myself this film from start to finish, playing all the roles. "Lost Weekend" I looked when I was very young, and he made a strong impression on me. I do not understand what is happening on the screen, but he was fascinated by heat of passion. No wonder Ray Millend received for playing in the film "Oscar." In "Lost Weekend" there is a scene where Millend looking for a bottle of whiskey. Drunk he put the bottle somewhere in the apartment, but now sobered up and wants to find her. She knows she's here somewhere, but where exactly do not remember. He is looking for a long time and still is. I used to play this scene. Sometimes, when my father came to visit me, he took me to his relatives in Harlem and said, "Show them the scene with a bottle." I played the scene, and everyone laughed. And I thought, "What are they? The scene is seriously ».
My mother died before I succeeded. I remember I was about ten. Our apartment on the top floor. Wildly cold. The bottom of the alley, I hail friends, take a walk through the streets name. A mother will not let me. I was terribly angry and yelled at her incessantly. She endured my reproaches. And thus he saved my life. You know, all those guys who then called me to walk, was dead. She wanted me not to hang around the streets late at night and do homework. And because of that I am now sitting here talking to you. It's very simple, right? But we're so forgetful ...

When I was a boy on the bus for the transplant to another route issued stamps: yellow, pink and blue. We guys know a place where throwing the used stamps, and stuffed their pockets. Although these papers were worthless, they seemed to us to value. You could even imagine what walking around with pockets full of money.
The first time I went on stage as an actor in elementary school. We put on plays where the stage was a huge pot - the proverbial "melting pot", and I as a representative of Italy was and stir it with a spoon. I remember: kids at school asked me for an autograph, and I would sign, "Sonny Scott." Invented a sonorous name, you know?

One of the biggest shocks in my life I have experienced in the South Bronx, in one of those rooms, where once was a variety show, and then staged a theater. Performances were wandering troupe. Played "The Seagull" by Chekhov. The play began ... and then ended. I flew like a flash. It was magic. I remember thinking: "What then, must be to write this as well?" I immediately got hold of a collection of short stories of Chekhov.
One day I went to a snack in the "Howard Johnson" and seen as an actor in a brilliant performance, pouring coffee at the counter. Then I realized that everything in life is relative: first, he won me over with his play, and now stood behind the counter in the "Howard Johnson," and I was served.
There was a time when I carried the the vendors newspaper called "Showbiz". I will never forget how much I was paid twelve dollars. Ten and two dollar bills. Ten I immediately tradeoff that I had a twelve-dollar bills. Paying at the bar, otslyunivaesh dollar from the pack, and by it seems that a lot of money from you.

When I got my first decent fee in one Boston Repertory Theater, I was probably twenty-five years. I went to the bar, ate steak and drank martinis. And even then I still have the money!
One day, while standing at a traffic light, I looked at the girl across the street and smiled at her. And she replied: "Oh, hello, Michael." Well, you know, Michael of "The Godfather." I had a feeling that she was in a moment deprived me of the right to be ordinary passers-by. She saw me, but she saw in me not me.
I go once through Central Park, and comes up to me a stranger, and asked: "Hey, what happened to you? Why is it we do not see you? "I began to mumble something," Well, I ... Yes, that's ... I ... "And he said:" Come on, Al, I want to see you there, at the top! "And I realized: I very lucky that I have my gift. And I have to use it.

"Oscar" I received only eight times. Prior to that, seven times I have included a list of the nominees, but only just. I do not know if I can adequately describe his attitude to this at least in part ... It's now I'm looking at the nominees and think: "And if they were neurosurgeons? Who are you entrust to operate your brain, if need be? That's it-and should be given the "Oscar". But in the past it depended on what I was in the mood.
There was a year when I am immensely fond of alcohol and pills. With all that I have long been tied up, by the way. But at that time I was sitting at the ceremony, and I think: "I'll make it all up to the stage when I was awarded? Not sure ».
My father has been married five times. I've never been married. What I conclude from this case? We - slaves to their habits.

In one film, I have to chase the hero Robin Williams on logs that are floating in the water. This stage should not be sanded to an ideal condition. For her, the main thing - the spontaneity. The whole focus of spontaneity.
I went to a concert by Frank Sinatra. About twenty years ago. In his opening act was Buddy Rich. And here comes Buddy Rich, and I once pondered: for Buddy Rich was then seventy, and he played the drums. I know he's a good drummer. But then I thought, "Well, have to sit here, listen to Buddy Rich knocks, fidgeting in place until released Sinatra." But Buddy Rich started playing - and went and went and went. It was ten times stronger than what I expected from him. In the mid-riff the whole room jumped and screamed with delight. Then he came out and said Sinatra simple thing: "Do you see how this guy plays the drums? You know, sometimes it is useful not to leave the chosen path. " Buddy Rich did not go to the chosen path. He not only continued year after year to play the drums, but that night, speaking on stage, went his own way. He seemed to be saying, "That's how I was, let's see if I can get on ..." And suddenly the way he carried it to the desired point. That's why we do what we do. We want to find the right place. But to find it - not all. We must not stop. You know, there is a proverb: "He who persists in his folly, one day would be wise».

Tags

See also

New and interesting