5pointz

It seems that very soon New York will lose even one of his non-touristic attractions. We are talking about 5pointz - the center of attraction of artists, changing urban space using aerosol cans. Many of them do not like the word graffiti as consider it synonymous with vandalism. But as an art is not called, the result of their work will always be one - painted wall paint.

Center "Five-Pointz" was once created within the company to clean up New York against illegal graffiti. Artists gave an old industrial building in one of the industrial areas of Queens, where they could freely create without fear of persecution by the special anti-vandal division of the New York Police Department. Over time, the place has become so iconic that it was nicknamed "graffiti mecca", and to draw on its walls were coming artists from around the world. But the years passed, changed all of New York, and with it has changed and the borough of Queens. Now the land is more interesting to developers than an independent artist and the owner of the building decided to demolish it to build on the site a large apartment complex. Decision has been made, the City Commission on urban planning projects have been approved, and the judge refused to ban the demolition with the words "I love this place, and my heart will bleed for when it will start to bear, but I judge and I have to obey the law." Now with 90% probability Five-Pointz will last only until the end of this month, and then cranes, excavators, dump trucks, concrete river and rising up new glass enclosure. From the former rulers of Mecca aerosol remain only a legend so old photos.

2. Externally, it is customary old industrial building with numerous drawings on the walls. Another name for him - it's Aerosol Art Center.

3. Now, after the news of the demolition, walk around the building such a crowd that talking about neturistichnosti place is no longer necessary. People drive up entire bus.

4. The building next door had already begun to disassemble. The new residential complex will take a few quarters. How to finish shooting, then start dismantling the Five Pointz.

5. In the meantime, people frantically photographed his walls.

6. The building occupies an entire city block, and right next to it goes flyover subway. Some of the work can only be seen from the windows of the train car.

7. There Painted everything possible and impossible. The level of work - from brilliant, to outright junk and doodles.

8. Despite the imminent end, artists continue to draw. General view without people.

9. Type the deadlock. Around dirt, debris and a lot of graffiti.

10. And if you look a little to the side, then people are more than enough.

11. View from the parking lot.

12. There is not a day off to get (the parking lot).

13. The Japanese pose.

14. On the other hand full of life and Arabs mend their devil-carts with halyalnym fast food.

15. Around the same Painted all.

18. Courtyard.

20. In the yard selling souvenirs 5pointz, but not one of them has won my heart.

21. Wall.

22. Inside the crowd, too.

24. Cute front door.

26. The Japanese huddled together and began to be photographed for memory.

29. Inside the art workshops and regular warehouses. Art, art, and earn money to owners as it is necessary. The building is so dilapidated that it needs a major overhaul. Owner regretted the money for it, and decided it was better to build here something new and more profitable.

30. At each corner hanging signs reminding that it is necessary to get permission to shoot. Paint the building, and then ask for permission (even formal) is zhlobstvo clean water. From the street I could photograph whatever I want. All put a large bolt on these plates and remove what they want and how to want.

34. It's a good job, but stupid minibus closed all kind.

36. Around haunting as the originals, that a lack of models experienced. We just have to have patience to wait for the next pozёra.

37. The photographer put the trampoline and takes all comers.

38. Man with a bicycle frame behind. He went to her and all the time.

39. The Japanese are photographed.

40. Dude with a frame is not as agile.

41. And then if you look closely, you can see native motifs.

45. Respiratory one of the symbols of artists grafitchikov. Serious work requires a lot of time and constant work with aerosol banlonami undermines health.

46. ​​Man-bicycle frame and the cops.

47. Behind the building stands Citibank skyscraper - the tallest building in Queens. Its construction as a whole and determined the fate of the Five Pointz. With the arrival of the large number of office plankton area completely changed the question, when demolished the old factory was only a matter of time.

48. Girls and forklift.

52. Each posing as can.

53. This is very good, in my opinion, work.

54. Drawings long spread from the walls to the other plane.

56. It is a pity that all this will not be soon.

Source: samsebeskazal.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting