Celebrities who have served

I present to you a small selection of foreign celebrities, who served in the army. Once after Norris broke his shoulder on one of the training, he was walking through the town, where their military base is located, and saw locals executed by kicking.
"I was shocked by their abilities. I wanted to ask them how they are doing martial arts, but they were very passionate about the process, "he says. "When I returned to the base, I spoke about what he saw judo instructor. He said that it is a martial art tangsudo. I said I want to try, because I could not deal with the judo with a broken shoulder ».
By the time he left Korea, Chuck Norris had a black belt in tangsudo and brown-judo.

It turns out that "Playboy" is also served in the army.
Hugh Hefner in 1944, went to the army and managed to take part in the battles of World War II. During the service, he collaborated with the army newspaper and drew cartoons for them

Actor Bill Cosby joined the Navy in 1956 as a medic and 4 years of his life was replaced by at least 5 nautical bases.
Cosby worked in physical therapy with victims during the Korean War soldiers.
Cosby received the rank of chief petty officer. On the day of the Navy in 2011, he spoke about his experience: the service.
"Those years I spent in the service in the Navy, gave impetus to the development of me as a person. The Army taught me to obey it possible to realize the mistakes that I made as a young man nineteen. It is because of the service I was able to become who I am now ».

Elvis Presley was drafted into the army in March 1958 years- two years later, after his song «Hound Dog» and «Heartbreak Hotel & quot; threats on all radio stations of the country and from an unknown boy from Mississippi, he turned to the king of rock 'n' roll.
"Millions of boys drafted into the army, I do not want to be different from them, do not want to do an exception for me," he said.
In the fall of 1958 Presley sent to the 3rd Armored Division, stationed in West Germany, in Fridberge.Imenno there he met his future wife, Priscilla Beaulieu.
Elvis was retired with the rank of sergeant in 1960.

The future James Bond joined the British Navy at the age of 16 years.
After three years of service Connery was dismissed for health reasons.
After the army he worked as a mason in Edinburgh and then became involved in bodybuilding, which ultimately led him to the path of the modeling business and cinematography.

In 1965, Arnold Schwarzenegger was drafted into the army in Austria.
He took part in the contest "Miss Europe" and won it; for the sake of the competition, he went to the "AWOL" and then a few weeks went to the military prison

Clint Eastwood became known for shooting in Westerns, but his service during the Korean War showed that he himself no less bold than his characters. Eastwood was a lifeguard and swimming instructor at Fort Ord, then became a corporal.
One day in October 1951, Eastwood was flying on an airplane Douglas AD-1 from Seattle to Sacramento.
Due to technical problems, the plane crashed and fell into the Pacific Ocean. Eastwood was able to swim to shore, which lies about 5 km away.

When Hendrix was caught driving a stolen car in Seattle, he was given a choice-or prison, or military service.
In 1961, Hendrix enlisted and was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division military in Kentucky.
Less than a year later he was dismissed from the army because of injury when jumping with a parachute. In the Army Hendrix described as very poor soldier: he always slept at his post, he could not charge a single case. According to one of the officers, "he did not have any positive qualities».

Translated specifically for fishki.net

--img9--

Source: www.businessinsider.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting