Delusions of people thought the great experts in their field

1. Excellent group. Only it would be better if you remove this singer-guboshlepa! BBC radio producer at the audition group «The Rolling Stones», 1963

2. In the future, computers will weigh no more than 1.5 tons. («Popular Mechanics», 1949)

3. I think that in the world market we find the demand for five computers. (Thomas Watson - Director of IBM, 1943)

4. I have traveled the country far and wide, communicated with the cleverest people and I can guarantee you that data processing is a fad, fashion which will not last more than a year. (Editor of «Prentice Hall», 1957)

5. But what the hell, it may be useful in this thing? (Question on the discussion of the creation of the microchip in the «Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM», 1968)

6. No one may need to have a computer in their home. For this there is no reason. (Ken Olson - founder and president of the corporation «Digital Equipment Corp.» - «DEC», 1977)

7. Such a device, like a telephone has too many shortcomings to consider it as a means of communication. Therefore, I believe that the present invention is of no value. What's the use of this electric toy? (William Orton, president of Western Union, refusing in his memo by Alexander Graham Bell's offer to buy him half dyshashuyu telephone company for $ 100,000 in 1876)

8. This musical box without wires can not have any commercial value. Who will pay for the messages not intended for any private person? (Partners Association «David Sarnoff» in response to its proposal to invest project for radio, 1920)

9. $ 100 million - a very high price for Microsoft. (IBM, 1982)

10. The concept is interesting and well decorated. But to the idea began to work, it must contain common sense. (Yale University Professorship in response to an invitation by Fred Smith on the organization of service delivery to the house, he will become the founder of a delivery service Federal Express Corp.)

Yes 11. Who the hell are interested actors talk? (Reaction Harry Warner, Warner Brothers film company on the use of sound in film, 1927)

12. We do not like their sound, and, in general, the guitar - it's yesterday. (Decca Recording Co., has rejected a record album «The Beatles» in 1962)

13. Flying Machine weight is heavier than air is impossible! (Lord Kelvin - the president of the Royal Society (Royal Society), 1895)

14. 640K should be enough for everyone. (Bill Gates, 1981)

15. Drilling for oil in the ground? Do you mean that it is necessary to drill the earth to find oil? You're crazy. (A project of Edwin Drake in 1859)

Tags

See also

New and interesting