Imogen Cunningham (Imogen Cunningham) - a female photographer of the last century

In 1906, residents of the US city of Seattle, were thrilled and shocked by the publication of nude self-portrait, then still an unknown young photographer. While such a profession for women was rare.

Imogen Cunningham (Imogen Cunningham) was one of the trailblazers of the photographer profession among women. Her career began in 1901. Initially, the pictures are pretty mediocre, and she went to study in Germany. Returning to his native Seattle, Imogen opened her own portrait gallery. Most of her images were scandalous, but over time, the weight of disapproval made a long time refused to work with the nude. Cunningham also fond of shooting portraits, still lifes, plants, and commercial photography. Have become very popular one ёё Quote: "I think the best shot - this is the one I'm going to do, and not one that is obtained after pressing. When I click on the button of the picture, I imagine, is no more. All the same, I hope to someday make it. "

Photo by Imogen Cunningham

Tags

See also

New and interesting